Day 4

Options
emma7437
emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
I hope no one minds me starting this but because I am in Oz I am at the end of day 4, ahead of people in the states and the UK. I have been dreaming all day about a cup of tea and a whole packet of biscuits. I've eaten really well and not caved but I am hoping this goes away tomorrow. I am getting lots of vegies in and not grazing on food which I am happy about.

Also feeling fatigued today but not sure if its because of change in eating habits or I am just tired! Its been hot at night here so I hve not been sleeping really well. I start back at crossfit tomorrow so I will see how I go. Also the temp has dropped big time so I should sleep well.

Replies

• Slaphapy74
    Options
    Great job sticking to the plan. I have read that some people get the carb flu when they make a big change in their diet. I hope that is what is happening and you will feel better in a few days and for the rest of the year.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is probably the right time to post this article it tends to go up in the first week to add a bit of humor to the plight many of us are working through. Enjoy!

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Slaphapy74 wrote: »
    Great job sticking to the plan. I have read that some people get the carb flu when they make a big change in their diet. I hope that is what is happening and you will feel better in a few days and for the rest of the year.

I too have induction/low-carb flu. It sucks!!! But (for me), the best thing to help is to suck on fat bombs (I keep them frozen like candies in my freezer) and drink lots of chicken stock or bone broth - whichever is in my fridge. It gets harder before it gets better, but once you're out of the woods you feel like a million bucks!

• LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you people who have stuck to the plan as alas I have fallen by the wayside. It has been party time and birthdays and people dropping in for drinks etc etc etc. I have been fairly good but not good enough with my "just this one" attitude.

But hey, I am an optimist and never say die type of person. So here it is Monday morning and a fresh beginning. o:)

I am almost envious of the "carb flu" people because it means they are on the right track. Good for them and keep going. :D
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Keep it up everybody! I am having some GI issues, most likely because of the transition, but am holding firm with my goals! No junk or dairy have passed my lips!
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    Congrats to all you people who have stuck to the plan as alas I have fallen by the wayside. It has been party time and birthdays and people dropping in for drinks etc etc etc. I have been fairly good but not good enough with my "just this one" attitude.

But hey, I am an optimist and never say die type of person. So here it is Monday morning and a fresh beginning. o:)

I am almost envious of the "carb flu" people because it means they are on the right track. Good for them and keep going. :D

Leena, you do not need to track with everyone, many people start this any time of the month, but it is easier for many of us to compartmentalize the process withing the confines of the month. I would encourage you to start as soon as you're ready and not pass up on this, it really brings an awareness of our relationship with food.

• Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm on track day 4!! I can't believe it, I'll admit I've been cranky and sleeping most of the time and craving everything bad for me but I'm doing ok. I made this tonight and it's almost too good to believe- the cauli-rice makes it. I ate it with double roasted salsa but roasted veggies and avocado on top would have been even better!
    http://paleonewbie.com/crockpot-green-chili-pork-cilantro-lime-cauliflower-rice-recipe/
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 with a healthy dose of "carb flu". I was compliant & got in 7 miles on the bike along with 2 miles on the treadmill. It will get better!!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 4, almost whole30...succumbed to that evil chocolate ice cream lolly in a low moment. Anyhow, am getting there and that's all I care about.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Leena, you do not need to track with everyone, many people start this any time of the month, but it is easier for many of us to compartmentalize the process withing the confines of the month. I would encourage you to start as soon as you're ready and not pass up on this, it really brings an awareness of our relationship with food.

Thank you for the encouragement SteamClutch, yes I am a little behind the rest of you but each day I am becoming more and more mindful of what I am eating because of this challenge. I had a really good day yesterday and stayed on track. Yay me!! :)
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    No flu here (yet) I was pretty solidly paleo anyway, I am just tightening up a bit and using this to kick my own behind into gear. During Christmas and New Years I ate pretty boring the only thing I allowed myself to indulge in was dairy and a bit more chocolate than usual but it totally got me the first time I did this.