Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
bcz4bmanewl7.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I liked this idea. Because we're all in different places. Right now, for me, I'm just proud to be keeping up with every day life again! I actually got the laundry folded and put away...and it's not a week later!
    School starts up today, and we are running low on food. So dropping the kids off and heading to the store will be my big projects for the day. I can only handle accomplishing a couple things each day still. But at least I don't need to take a nap afterwards anymore. So definite progress!
    Sherry - I'm so glad to see that running is going well with you! Hopefully you'll till be able to press on with your workouts, even with the hubby gone!

I hope everyone has a good start to their week...and their year! :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) Rest day for me. It's cold here today. Tomorrow is a holiday and I hope the weather will be dry enough for a run.

Have a good one!! :D
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi, ready to start the new year! Well, now I am. Got up later than I should have this morning and so been playing catch up all day. Most likely will not make kettleball class today. So today we'll have to get in a 1/2 hour run with Fells.

On Saturday I made soup; a lot of soup. My slow cooker did a potato, carrot, celery, onion, mushroom, pea, diced tomato, tomato paste, and a bit of dark meat chicken soup. My stew pot on the stove did the same soup except that potato was replaced by while bean and the dark meat chicken was replaced by even less chicken breast meat. I put two cups of the soup(s) into individual containers. Now my small freezer is half full of soup with the other half full of everything else. I probably should have put in more chicken as what I added probably won't even be noticeably in the bowl, but I figure I'll just know to add protein with the soup. During the summer I like to get fresh veggies and eat them raw, especially tomatoes. But during the winter I don't like either the price or the look of most vegetables, so my daily vegetable ration always goes down, except through soups or V8. Commercial soups and V8, however, are very salty, which is not so good for me. This is my attempt to up the amount of vegetables I eat in the winter without upping my sodium at the same time.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ^Perfect threadstarter.

After a rough weekend, I’m feeling more like myself today. But hungrier!

Slept through my workout but went for an 18-min stroll at work.

Trying to figure out how I can stay focused 24/7.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Great thread starter! And Valma I see on my newsfeed you were able to get out for a walk today. Hope that felt okay!

Yesterday was a rest day. I did some low back homework, but otherwise was extra lazy.

Back to work & routine today. I was ready after 5 days of my own company. I have a lot of extra projects to do at work end/beginning of year so the workday flew by.

Did 15 minutes on the AMT when I got to the gym, then worked out with Jason, then did Week 1 / Day 3 of Couch to 5K. Jason had told me he read it wasn't a bad idea to switch up running shoes so I decided I would run in my Karhu trainers today. I didn't have them with me but I had time so I made a quick stop at home to pick them up. Did a couple things while I was here, ran back out the door, got to the gym & realized I did not remember to actually grab the Karhu. I had my new Asics with me so those were fine.

April you can't stay focused 24/7. Well not forever. The longer you can keep yourself focused though, and as you pick out the areas where you can find some balance, the easier it gets.
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Had professional development at school today. Start with kids tomorrow - excited to get back on schedule. At lunch had some time so I went to the elementary building (I'm high school math teacher) that had stairs and ran(jogged) stairs for about 15 minutes. (There weren't any kids and no one was around to tell me to not run in the halls). I'm glad I did this because there wasn't time in the rest of my day for exercise. I need to be careful because part of me wanted to avoid the workout. The last one was TOUGH. and I'm a little nervous about the one titled Gymnastics Strength 1. I know I can modify - but holy cow handstands. I could do them when I weighed 100 lbs.

I guess the mantra is to take one day at a time.
    Reached 10,000 steps which has been difficult the last several days - Ok didn't really try, but I did work out those days. I do feel better when I reach at least 10,000 though.

Have a good tomorrow people - one day at a time.