59 and where did this weight come from?

Options
suz155
suz155 Posts: 326 Member
Hi,

For years I was 5ft, 9 inches and 135 lbs, ate everything I wanted to eat and when I wanted to eat it,,,, until I quit smoking at 45, I gained 50 lbs. Friend of mine called this a floating addiction (replacing one addiction with another, she hit it right on the nail) Then, menopause hit and I find myself almost 100 lbs over where I was the majority of my life. Argh. I tried MFP a year or so before, but, I really didnt give it a chance. Now, my knees hurt , back hurts, was diagnosed with a heart issue and I hear myself whining and don't like it. MFP is the kick that I need.

Looking forward to working with everyone.

Thanks

Replies

• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will be 59 in two weeks and boy it sure isn't easy to lose weight after you go through menopause! My name is Connie, feel free to add me as a friend if you want. This group is very supportive!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to turn 54, and haven't gone through menopause yet. Good thing I lost my weight now, I guess. Don't have much for aches and pains anymore except for a sore and stiff neck from arthritis. Exercise really does help so much.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi there back at you both.
  • fifty6ford
    fifty6ford Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I turned 58 at the beginning of Oct. I can so relate. I had a total hysterectomy 13 years ago and my weight continued to go up. Add to that life stresses and I've added the pounds. I'm down a bit with a long way to go, but I keep telling myself, I didn't put it on over night, and it's not going to come off over night. I'm not dieting, I'm changing our lifestyle!! When I loose it, I want it to stay off!!
  • tumblindice
    tumblindice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hang in there all...I'm starting again..I'll be 60 in Sept. (Yikes) I still remember running when I was in high school. I have a ways to go, but I'm more positive this time around. Best of luck to you all.
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi! Losing weight isn't easy, does seem to get harder the older you get. I'm now 59 and will be 60 in December, would like to shed a load of pounds before then. New year - new try! Good luck everyone, friend if you would like to.