CleaneEaters with open diaries

Options

Replies

• fatbutgettingthinner
    Options
    My diary is open - trying very hard to keep to a 50/30/20 protein/Carb/fat plan. Friend requests welcome, obvs.
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am a lifelong food lover, and I really feel that the only way to back on track is to still eat REAL food, but just make better choices and eat more WHOLE foods. I'd love some more MFP friends who eat healthy as well, please feel free to add me!
  • SleepingDragonfly
    Options
    I have just found your group and I am a still in the process of learning to be a clean eater.....glad to have found your group, and hopefully this will help my goals.
  • V3ry_Nic3
    Options
    I'm also new to clean eating and hoping for inspiration and encouragement. My food diary is viewable by friends, so please add me.
  • Jerilang
    Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I consider myself a 'clean eater' is that when I do eat whole foods, I get the fiber and proper protein and fats to feel full. I had trouble eating 1000 calories the other day, and got a warning from the system. But I was satisfied all day long with the 3 meals and snacks, and I never felt truly full eating the types of food I was this last year. Who really knows what all those chemicals in processed foods do to our bodies? When I first joined Weight Watcher's a few years back, I bought many of their products for snacks, and ate the frozen meals as well (super high in sodium) I never felt full and overate many of the processed snacks high in all kinds of sugars and chemicals.
  • giro629
    giro629 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this but I eat pretty clean (meaning mostly vege and little processed food). My diary is open too. Please don't frown at the alcohol content. Add me please.
  • cmking62
    cmking62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP Monday and have been eating clean for almost 3 weeks now. My diary is open and I love the idea of accountability. I know there are several definitions of clean eating but I'm trying to stay away from most processed foods as much as possible.
  • ckcrain671
    ckcrain671 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Interested in adding to see some clean eating diaries but having trouble doing so. I'm sure I'm missing something but when I click on the user name it doesn't go to user profile. It does nothing. How to add?
  • medix1122
    Options
    Mine is open :D Good Luck!
  • mom2atw
    mom2atw Posts: 15
    Options
    ckcrain671 wrote: »
    Interested in adding to see some clean eating diaries but having trouble doing so. I'm sure I'm missing something but when I click on the user name it doesn't go to user profile. It does nothing. How to add?

I think you need to go to the add friends part. Where it gives you the option of email - that is where you add username. Just copy and paste the username. You are correct - it doesn't go to people's pages if you aren't already friends.
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Diary open to friends. Going for a 50 lbs loss with 5 lbs already achieved.
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and update daily. We eat fairly clean, whole foods. I create many of my own recipes, which I don't mind sharing.
    I have cut back on coffee, changed to organic, but am not willing to kick it to the curb, yet!
    Best of luck!
  • becam01
    becam01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean but I think I still have ways to go. I just started buying my groceries from Food Relay and am loving it. Tons of local, organic, vegan, gf and other options. Let's see what happens :) my diary is open and I'd love to have someone poking around and helping me making substitutions to more natural and clean options! :)
  • sudeepkumar1975
    Options
    I m new to this. Will anybody please tell me what is clean eating. I m a vegetarian.
  • sudeepkumar1975
    Options
    how do i see diaries, please?
  • mom2atw
    mom2atw Posts: 15
    Options
    When you follow someone you can go to their page and click the little diary icon - or you can see on your newsfeed when they complete it for the day and click it and look.

Clean eating - for me it is buying less premade food - pretend food made in labs! And sticking to real ingredients. Fruits, nuts, meats and grains but food that you understand what you are eating if you read the label.
    A food documentary on Netflix I watched said - if it's made in a lab - it takes a lab to digest it!
    And in my mind - going back to the way our grandmothers ate! When diabetes, cancer and high cholesterol were rare! Before microwave dinners and quick easy last forever meals.

Hope that helps.
  • rendress269
    Options

mom2atw wrote: »
    When you follow someone you can go to their page and click the little diary icon - or you can see on your newsfeed when they complete it for the day and click it and look.

I accepted your friend request sudeepkumar1975 and will send you a message shortly.

Clean eating, for us, is the act of consciously using fresh, unprocessed foods as often as possible. We've adopted a " pay now or pay later" mentality in order to be more mindful of our health ad 40/50 year olds.

Robin
  • jbbrac
    jbbrac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    May I add you to my friends so I can see your diary? Beverly Brackett
  • mom2atw
    Options
    I just want to make a note for anyone who added me - pay no attention to my awful diary today. I ran out of healthy food in my house. End of month. My awesome mom and dad brought me some fruit for tomorrow and I got some veggies. I am super proud that all month I had fresh produce in my house. This is a first in all my life... But nearing the last days... I found myself lacking. Out of almost everything. Come on payday!!
  • rendress269
    Options
    jbbrac wrote: »
    May I add you to my friends so I can see your diary? Beverly Brackett

Hi Beverly, not sure who you were asking, but feel free to add me ;)