16/8 any advice?

Options
I'm looking at 16/8 for predictability and a steady rate of fat loss for the last 15 pounds. Anyone have tips to share? 5:2 has been great for the past 20 months with about 40 pounds lost. Love the energy lift and how I feel. I will continue to restrict calories 2x a week for a deficit.

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    >predictability and a steady rate of fat loss

I'm not clear on your goal here. Sounds like what you've been doing is working great. 16:8 is more for carb cycling and recomps and general health improvements than cutting.
    You could move your eating into a window, but as long as you've got things locked now and working, I don't think there's much point to screwing with it. Maybe reconsider after you hit your target and are maintaining.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well actually the same system of 5:2 has stalled for almost a year so I need to get it moving again. I never hit the goal and after reading some of the research on the different types of IF I wondered if this could kick start it again and guess what...it is!! I tried it over the holiday and it seems to help get me started in the right direction! So 5:2 and 16:8 combined seems to be the new year ticket for me!
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I combine 5:2 and 16:8 because it's just easier for me to keep things steady on fasting days if I routinely skip breakfast.
  • janetteluparia
    Options
    I combine 5:2 and 16:8 because it's just easier for me to keep things steady on fasting days if I routinely skip breakfast.

That's kinda what I am thinking too! Easy peasy....
  • WyrdSyster
    WyrdSyster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started IF daily style, with an eating window of between 2 and 5 hours per day. Hoping it is enough to achieve my weight loss goal, if not I will be adding in 2 full days of fasting in addition to the daily. I am only on week 2 of IF, and have lost a couple of pounds so far.
  • janetteluparia
    Options
    It's the last 10-15 pounds that's a killer for me. I just can't seem to break through.