Looking for Powerlifting Pals

Options
Hey Everyone,

Someone steered me over here as I'm looking for some powerlifting comradery on mfp. I started back in March and have one of the world's best coaches. I'm in Ontario, Canada, but my first meet is the USAPL Open in Washington next month. I'm competing in the 132 class but I'm bulking up this winter to compete in the 138 class in Ontario for 2015.

As I'm sure a lot of you know, it's not easy finding powerlifting buddies in the gym - not many people do it..like, really train at it. I'm looking for like minded serious lifters to be in touch with about nutrition, training, meet prep etc.

Feel free to add me!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Replies

• jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    FR sent
  • VGibs1981
    VGibs1981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ontario as well. I am heading back to lifting after my back injury acted up.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to I'd you want, I'm not in the forums much since I mostly use the app but do check my feed frequently.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello- add me- I am "official " now- because I did my first competition. I post onthe New rules thread often- they are very supportive bunch. Raikay and Zorah are friendly too.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I'm a shy powerlifter, but feel free to add me. :)
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As I'm sure a lot of you know, it's not easy finding powerlifting buddies in the gym - not many people do it..like, really train at it.

Depends on the gym. At mine, it's hard to find people who aren't powerlifters, LOL.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I dropped into a 24 Hour Fitness yesterday and complimented a guy who was wearing a "BBBC" shirt. Turns out he was from Boss Barbell Club in California owned by Dan Green. To make it even cooler, we actually competed at the same meet LOL. So you never know where powerlifters might be lurking :smiley:
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    welcome. I lift at home, with an Olympic set. The neighborhood fitness center has no power rack.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Someone steered me over here as I'm looking for some powerlifting comradery on mfp. I started back in March and have one of the world's best coaches. I'm in Ontario, Canada, but my first meet is the USAPL Open in Washington next month. I'm competing in the 132 class but I'm bulking up this winter to compete in the 138 class in Ontario for 2015.

As I'm sure a lot of you know, it's not easy finding powerlifting buddies in the gym - not many people do it..like, really train at it. I'm looking for like minded serious lifters to be in touch with about nutrition, training, meet prep etc.

Feel free to add me!

Cheers,

Kathleen

Why USAPL?

We have a ton going on in Ontario. Do you have an OPA/CPU membership? Where are you located? If you want more information on what's happening in Ontario check out the OPA website http://ontariopowerlifting.org/. Our membership is growing like crazy and once you join and compete, you'll meet a ton of like minded people both in Ontario and across the country.

I've been a member since 2008 and have done approximately 25 meets.
  • SirMerkus
    SirMerkus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As I'm sure a lot of you know, it's not easy finding powerlifting buddies in the gym - not many people do it..like, really train at it.

Depends on the gym. At mine, it's hard to find people who aren't powerlifters, LOL.

I need to train at your gym! Sheesh! There are only 2 other PL'ers at my gym that I'm aware of

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    SirMerkus wrote: »

I need to train at your gym! Sheesh! There are only 2 other PL'ers at my gym that I'm aware of

Mine also has loads, including several British classic record holders.

I am a GBPF newbie, also looking for powerlifter friends. Got lots to learn. I recently switched from another strength-based discipline to pure strength and am training with a PL coach who is a former world champion. Looking to build for the next 6 months and then start going to meets (if they don't talk me into going to some sooner than that...)
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I know this is an older thread, but I'm also looking for some powerlifting friends. I've been lifting for about 2 years at the YMCA and still haven't found anyone in the gym that would be a good lifting partner. So I figured this group would be a better option to meet like minded lifters, discuss programming and meet prep. I'm interested in competing, but haven't yet. I'm currently going into week 9 of 13 of my second cycle of Layne Norton's PH3 trainer. I'm hoping to hit a 1300 lb total in May.

If anyone is still watching this thread, feel free to add me!