Movie question

Options
Who is the better joker in the batman movies?

Jack Nicolas or Heath lLedger

Replies

• Keyser_Soze
    Options
    I really liked Jack Nicholson's version of the Joker....till I saw The Dark Knight. Heath's interpretation is mindblowing.

The best part is that its literally his take on the character. The director & scripter Christopher Nolan did not instruct Heath on how to portray Joker, He merely gave him two comic's one of which was "The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore.

Heath then apparantly checked himself into a dingy motel for a couple of months & came back with one of the best performances I have ever seen.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Someone said this the other day, but I think it is like comparing apples to oranges.
    I love Heath Ledger's portrayal, though.

If you have never seen this video and you love Heath Ledger's Joker, watch this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s&feature=player_embedded
    Fast forward to 1:30, if you don't want to listen to Tom Waits.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i think it all depends on how you view batman

do you think of him as the serious portrayal he is now, or do you think of Adam West?

if you like the super serious portrayal its defianatly Ledger's version (my pick) but if your more of the Adam West type and dont want too serious of a villian Nickolson hit it on the head with his portrayal (he was crazy but in a more fun way and enjoyed a good joke)