A new year...A new you weigh in challenge

Options

Replies

• HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So I just realized/noticed that the weigh in day is still Friday (always was, but I forgot).
    I'm now weighing in on a Wednesday, so I will be posting my weight on a Wednesday. That ok?

I'm testing out something I read about Wednesday's giving a more consistent weight loss to see how that works out for me :smile:
    http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/OP/Weigh-In
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok, start weight is 189.2lbs, if someone can add me. Thanks. :)
    Did you want to set your goal weight (for March 27, 11-12 weeks from now)?
  • ericaeweber
    ericaeweber Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started late but I'm in. Posted my start weight and goal.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see so many people joining! What is your plan for the first week before the next weigh in?

My goals for this week are:
    Stick with week 1 of my half marathon training plan
    Stay under 1400 calories daily (1500 on run days)
    Drink at least 10 cups (80 oz) of water daily
    No nighttime snacking (unless work out is after dinner)
  • neurex
    Options
    HatherM wrote: »
    So I just realized/noticed that the weigh in day is still Friday (always was, but I forgot).
    I'm now weighing in on a Wednesday, so I will be posting my weight on a Wednesday. That ok?

I'm testing out something I read about Wednesday's giving a more consistent weight loss to see how that works out for me :smile:
    http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/OP/Weigh-In

Nice link. I'm sure it is fine.
  • neurex
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    I am so glad to see so many people joining! What is your plan for the first week before the next weigh in?

My primary goal is to keep on calorie counting. I figure as long as I am conscious about what I eat, then I will gradually lose weight. My secondary goals are to meet the daily net calories goal in MFP (1500 + calories spent exercising) and to run every other day.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week and every week:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday- Strength training
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday- Run days
    Sunday-rest day or walk

I will log everyday and stay under my calories as a whole for the week. (Saturday is an exception because it's always date night with the hubs.) Not going overboard of course, but I need at least one night to drink wine ;-)

I've signed up for 2015 miles in 2015 challenge with 2 other people, so I've got my work cut out for me.

• CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i just added myself to the sheet. hope this will motivate me!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    jemsurf wrote: »
    My goals for this week and every week:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday- Strength training
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday- Run days
    Sunday-rest day or walk

I will log everyday and stay under my calories as a whole for the week. (Saturday is an exception because it's always date night with the hubs.) Not going overboard of course, but I need at least one night to drink wine ;-)

I've signed up for 2015 miles in 2015 challenge with 2 other people, so I've got my work cut out for me.

Good luck with the 2015 miles challenge!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Spreadsheet was full so I added more spots for people. I am super excited to have so many joining in!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    Spreadsheet was full so I added more spots for people. I am super excited to have so many joining in![/quote

Awesome to see so many people!!!
  • HatherM
    Options
    Woohoo this group is getting more active again yay :smile:

I'm trying to drink at least 8 glasses of water this week
    Monthly goals are to be Chocolate & alcohol free & to complete my 20 day challenge of increasing amounts of squats, push ups, sit ups & plank!
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just added myself onto the spreadsheet.

Hoping to continue to exercise and eat healthy. I would like to start training for a half marathon. I have met my goal of being able to run for 4 miles and now I want more!
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a member who was previously active, but couldn't get onto these boards on my phone until NOW, so I am back!! I can't seem to edit the spreadsheet from my phone though, so I'll try to get to a computer today.
  • cfeineigle
    cfeineigle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but in!! Just added myself. :)
  • captjac97
    captjac97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!!! I am using fitbit charge and MFP. Still working on adjusting my calories to add back for exercise, but so far I have been below my calorie needs. My poor brain doesn't like the fact that I need to eat more!!! I guess that is okay as long as what I am eating isn't pure junk right? I will try to add to the spreadsheet. If not, starting weight from today is 178.8. Goal is 150 (may adjust once I reach goal).

any advice on calories? I have MFP set to 1200 calories as my goal. My job is sedentary. But now with the Fitbit, I am seeing that I am burning more calories than I thought during the day, so I am needing to add more calories so I can lose weight the right way??/
    Advice welcome!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    captjac97 wrote: »
    I would love to join!!!! I am using fitbit charge and MFP. Still working on adjusting my calories to add back for exercise, but so far I have been below my calorie needs. My poor brain doesn't like the fact that I need to eat more!!! I guess that is okay as long as what I am eating isn't pure junk right? I will try to add to the spreadsheet. If not, starting weight from today is 178.8. Goal is 150 (may adjust once I reach goal).

any advice on calories? I have MFP set to 1200 calories as my goal. My job is sedentary. But now with the Fitbit, I am seeing that I am burning more calories than I thought during the day, so I am needing to add more calories so I can lose weight the right way??/
    Advice welcome!

My job is sedentary. I set my calories to 1400 even though MFP told me to do 1300 or 1250 or something like that. When I first bumped it from 1200 to 1400 (sometimes more if I do a long strenuous workout) I freaked out. But I found that I feel better and have steadier progress then when I was eating less. Now I eat 1300-1400 on my "rest" days and 1400-1600 on my active days (and closer to 1800 on my hour + work out days). If you don't feel hungry try adding some nuts as a snack or add half an avocado to a salad or sandwich. They are packed full of good fats and nutrients and don't take up a lot of space in your belly.
  • captjac97
    captjac97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will adjust my calorie goal in MFP. I love almonds (the smoked flavor is yummy). and some other good foods (like fruit or vegetables cooked sensibly or raw)
  • snoweduponberries
    snoweduponberries Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    neurex wrote: »
    Ok, start weight is 189.2lbs, if someone can add me. Thanks. :)
    Did you want to set your goal weight (for March 27, 11-12 weeks from now)?

Oh!! I didn't scroll across to see the goals! I juuuuust changed my goal yesterday, too - from realistic goal, to dream goal. If someone could add that to the chart for me, my dream goal is 135lbs. But, at 1lbs per week, that's 55 weeks! So, if we're going by date, March 27th, I'd like my goal for that date to be a 15lbs loss, so a goal weight of 175lbs!
  • HatherM
    Options
    smdelzer wrote: »
    Hi! I'm a member who was previously active, but couldn't get onto these boards on my phone until NOW, so I am back!! I can't seem to edit the spreadsheet from my phone though, so I'll try to get to a computer today.

If you can't get to a computer, you could always post in here & one of us lovely lot will add you to the spread sheet :smile: