A new year...A new you weigh in challenge

Options

Replies

• roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would very much like to join this challenge. I can't figure out how to enter my info on the spreadsheet though. Maybe because i am using my iphone?
  • roni0906
    Options
    roni0906 wrote: »
    I would very much like to join this challenge. I can't figure out how to enter my info on the spreadsheet though. Maybe because i am using my iphone?

I got it. Logged in with my computer instead of the phone.

• bcuda
    bcuda Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just joined- SUPER excited to get this rolling!
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late, I added myself. Won't have much of a loss in two days, but gotta start somewhere!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    oualum26 wrote: »
    If it's not too late, I added myself. Won't have much of a loss in two days, but gotta start somewhere!

It is NEVER too late ;-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Added some more spots, spreadsheet was full. Weigh in for most of us i coming up on Friday (you can weigh any day of the week you want). What is your plans for Thursday? What are you doing for your "last chance" workout?
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Saturdays to keep my Friday nights honest ;-) My last chance workout will be circuit training (abs) on Friday with a nice long run Saturday morning.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well on the water front & my walking goal of 10k steps a day.
  • roni0906
    Options
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    Added some more spots, spreadsheet was full. Weigh in for most of us i coming up on Friday (you can weigh any day of the week you want). What is your plans for Thursday? What are you doing for your "last chance" workout?

I am doing a CORE class tonight at the Y and will probably add in some additional walking/jogging on the treadmill. I am feeling excited and have been motivated since I began 2 weeks ago. I haven't really faced any challenges or temptations yet so I am hoping that this continues for me. I think I read someone that if you can do something for 21 consecutive days, it becomes a habit. Let's see.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    jemsurf wrote: »
    I weigh on Saturdays to keep my Friday nights honest ;-) My last chance workout will be circuit training (abs) on Friday with a nice long run Saturday morning.

Smart idea not weighing on Fridays for that reason. For me, I weigh on Fridays so if I do indulge on Friday night, I am not discouraged on Saturday morning when I have a water gain. We tend to splurge more on Friday nights then Saturday due to convenience. Plus, I have more opportunity for activity on Saturday so I can get in a better workout to make up for Friday night indulgence :smiley:
  • mamarundrc
    Options

I am doing a CORE class tonight at the Y and will probably add in some additional walking/jogging on the treadmill. I am feeling excited and have been motivated since I began 2 weeks ago. I haven't really faced any challenges or temptations yet so I am hoping that this continues for me. I think I read someone that if you can do something for 21 consecutive days, it becomes a habit. Let's see.

I have read the same thing about habits. I don't buy it. There are good "habits" I will do for 1-2 even 3 months and then I miss it once and it is completely gone. Hopefully it works for you!
  • HatherM
    Options

I have read the same thing about habits. I don't buy it. There are good "habits" I will do for 1-2 even 3 months and then I miss it once and it is completely gone. Hopefully it works for you!

I've heard that too, I don't buy it either.
    I know that if you do an action 100 times then the path in our brains becomes stronger & then can become auto-pilot, I think that may be where this comes from?

I changed my lifestyle successfully a couple of years ago now, I lost loads of weight exercised 6 days a week, ate really healthily & it was so easy to break that habit that I'd been in for 9 months, so I know I need to be more vigilant this time!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So, if we're going by date, March 27th, I'd like my goal for that date to be a 15lbs loss, so a goal weight of 175lbs!

Just saw your post and updated the chart!

• mamarundrc
    Options
    I'd like to join, but not sure how. Can someone tell me please? My name is Regina K. Weigh in at 182.

I just noticed that you don't have a goal weight set. Do you want to set a goal for the challenge? I think it is 12 weeks from last Friday (so 11 weeks from now).
  • HatherM
    Options
    I weighed myself today out of curiosity & I'm actually down 2.4lbs now hehe typical, I'm not going to change it on the spread sheet though, I'm just going to continue to monitor & see how it goes :smile:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Shocked and happy to see a 4lb loss on the scale today. I know a lot of it is water weight/bloat from the holidays but either way, it is a great way to start the year. Now the challenge is to stay focused to post a loss two weeks in a row.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to have a 3lb loss this week! I just hope I can keep that momentum going.
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just weighed in. It looks great, but i know this is just water weight etc. Next week, here i come.

I changed my goal. Because i missed that was suppossed to be the goal after 12 weeks in stead of my ultimate goal.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I posted a new challenge for week 2. It is a food related challenge. I wanted to post it early in case people are meal planning for next week over the weekend.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.2 this week. Not sure why, everything was spot on for the week. We'll see what next week brings.