A new year...A new you weigh in challenge

Options

Replies

• Nicole51078
    Options
    New to the group today, can i add myself to the spreadsheet from my phone?
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    New to the group today, can i add myself to the spreadsheet from my phone?

Hi nicole, it depends on the phone you have. I use the website for the spreadsheet. But you can also ask someone else to add your numbers. Good luck!
  • Nicole51078
    Options
    Has anyone tried the 17 Day Diet? I just read the book and it sounds like something i could do! I'm going to be starting it tomorrow and will update on progress. I've tried counting calories and I'm starving lol i didn't realize how badly i was eating until i started keeping track
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    Anyone a good idea for the week 3 challenge? Creativity is not my strong point, so j hope anyone else has a nice idea to motivate ourselfs!
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Eeeek! Weigh in day tomorrow, for me! I just hope that I've lost something or maintained, as I've not eaten the cleanest the last few days, but have tried to stick as close as I can to my calories.

Yes @ravenzwart‌ No week 3 challenge. Mine is to make sure I drink my 8 glasses of water a day.
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    Well I promised myself no sneak peak before weigh in day this week, but I failed. Today I was free from work and the scale seemed to call me.... Next week a new change....

@HatherM‌: good challenge. I haven't been able to do that.

Does anyone else have special goals for next week?
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I didn't have time to come up with a week 3 challenge but I am working on one for week 4. Last weekend was a bit hectic and it completely slipped my mind. There will be a new challenge posted Friday!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    ravenzwart wrote: »
    Well I promised myself no sneak peak before weigh in day this week, but I failed. Today I was free from work and the scale seemed to call me.... Next week a new change....

@HatherM‌: good challenge. I haven't been able to do that.

Does anyone else have special goals for next week?

My goals for this week were no sneak peak at the scale (still going strong with one more day before weigh in), Follow my half marathon training plan (mostly on track except skipped strength on monday due to a wicked bad headache), Drink 10 cups of water daily (met 3/6 days), and No alcohol Mon-Friday (so far so good).

• HatherM
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing an exercise challenge for week 4 to warm me up for the challenge I've set myself in February:

Squats 30
    Sit-ups 20
    Push-Ups 7
    Plank 30secs
    All this each day for 6 days!

Also to continue to drink plenty of water each day!
  • HatherM
    Options
    I have just changed my goal on the spread sheet, as I miss calculated previously & didn't realise :blush:

I was also having a nose at everyone's losses to date & there's some hard work showing up in those numbers, which is very inspiring to see.

Good work to all who are continuing this journey B)<3
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Spreadsheet is all set for Week 3 calculations. I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I feel like i have done everything possible to have a good week. Hopefully it was enough to see the scale go down. Last chance ladies and gentlemen!
  • HatherM
    Options
    I was going to say good luck, but it's got nothing to do with luck it's got to do with how hard we all work at it, so I hope you all see the number that reflects the work you put in :smile:
  • ravenzwart
    Options
    pff i made up for last week, back on track :D
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    The scale is moving back down, finally!
  • neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It looks like I'm back on track also.

BTW, I found out how to make the spreadsheet automatically use the last weight entered (for the remaining weight to lose). For my column 12, it is:
    "=INDEX( FILTER( B12:N12 , NOT(ISBLANK(B12:N12))) , COUNTA(B12:N12) ) - O12"

This way, there won't be negative values when we haven't updated our weights. I didn't make the change throughout though, because I'm not sure that people would prefer this.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    neurex wrote: »
    It looks like I'm back on track also.

BTW, I found out how to make the spreadsheet automatically use the last weight entered (for the remaining weight to lose). For my column 12, it is:
    "=INDEX( FILTER( B12:N12 , NOT(ISBLANK(B12:N12))) , COUNTA(B12:N12) ) - O12"

This way, there won't be negative values when we haven't updated our weights. I didn't make the change throughout though, because I'm not sure that people would prefer this.

I am definitely not that excel savy but I am going to copy and paste it from your row. That will save having to update the formulas weekly which is not always on the front of my brain.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Lost 0.8 this week. I am happy with this. I felt like I had a good week, pretty much spot on with food choices (after the weekend of course) and a much better week with workouts. I still need to drink more water. This weekend, tonight is Pizza night so a big cheat meal for me although I may get a salad to munch on so maybe I will eat less pizza. I have a plyo workout for a challenge I am doing that I am going to try and do after work. Tomorrow we are expecting some snow so I expect some shoveling. Sunday I have a winter obstacle course race that is ~6 miles. So activity wise I should be good this weekend, food I just need to make as many good choices as possible to not sabotage next weeks weigh in.
  • HatherM
    Options
    Some great work showing up in the numbers this week good work everyone :smiley:
    Remember to take a moment to actually be PROUD of your achievement & remember that feeling in detail when things get tough or challenging x
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Went on vacation this last week (to Vegas) and I am only up 1 pound. I got up every day but one to work out and didn't really over indulge even though it was extremely tempting. I definitely feel great about that 1 pound and am ready to get back to work this week!

Great going everyone. Great results this week!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    cygrad03 wrote: »
    Went on vacation this last week (to Vegas) and I am only up 1 pound. I got up every day but one to work out and didn't really over indulge even though it was extremely tempting. I definitely feel great about that 1 pound and am ready to get back to work this week!

Great going everyone. Great results this week!

One pound after vacation i great! I am sure it is water weight and will melt right off once you get back in a routine :smile: