How much Holiday weight?

chiccam
chiccam Posts: 239 Member
I was wondering how much holiday weight did you all gain? If you're using 5:2 or a variation of it to get back on track? Did you gain more or less then previous years.
I finally braved the scale today and was up 4.5 lbs.
I feel like I can handle the gain better because I know how to get it off the right way.
How's everyone else doing?

I do have to say the gain motivated me to sign up for a race which will help keep me focused.

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited January 2015
    >I feel like I can handle the gain better because I know how to get it off the right way.

Yeah, definitely. No worries, just fix it.

I've been away with family for almost two weeks now, and away from my home and food and gym and all that. Have been eating TDEE daily and walking, except for pigging out on this bag of peanut pattie candy things which are awesome and a thing in the Southern US. So that was dumb, and I was carrying a little food baby from that.

But then I fasted for a day and was under maintenance on a couple other days, and now I'm back to where I started (at goal), so... all done. IF continues to rock. Super triumph.

• chiccam
    Wow! Nice work!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Well, chiccam, then the gain has served a great purpose! Well done on signing up!

It is great to have a tool to get that holiday weight off, isn't it!

I'm on my third fast this week (Su/Tu/Fr). This has kept my holiday gain in check. Was lower on NYE than on Christmas Eve. Today I'm a bit higher as to NYE water weight. That shall be gone tomorrow.

Last year I actually lost a kilo in December, but I had more to lose then. This year I would say since the middle of November I've gained a kilo. So I had a pre holiday gain more so than a holiday gain..... With the fasts and being a bit more strict with myself on non fast days, that will be gone soon.

Next week normal life will begin again...back to work and back to fasting Mo / Th.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Up about 4lbs. From past experience about half that will be temporary bloating and the other half will be fat gain. Back to work today and back to my 6:1 routine next week.

I'll just undercut my calories a little and aim for half a pound a week loss.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Up a few pounds, but then I haven't had any fasting days for a few weeks. Back on it next week, hopefully be back under 135 pounds by the end of January. And I have a Mediterranean cruise to look forward to in June - would love to be around 130 pounds by then!
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    I am up about 2 lbs. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one! I am planning a fast day for Sunday, although I usually try to avoid the weekends, to see if I can get weight loss kick-started again.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    I'm also up 4 lbs. and have not fasted for over a week. Back to fasting Mon, Wed. and Fridays starting next Mon.
  • chiccam
    Thanks everyone!
    I'll be back on track next week as well.
    Might start off with 4:3 to get the ball rolling.

Lots of good thoughts from new and old experts of 5:2
    I can't wait until I can be at goal and a 6:1er for life.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    I finally broke through a long plateau and lost the 4lbs I gained at Thanksgiving over the Christmas holiday. Surprised me for sure because I was SO GOOD and kept up the fasting and counting over Thanksgiving and gained weight that just wouldn't budge. Took about two weeks off for Christmas, didn't log, but was mindfully eating and ended up shedding the 4 pounds. Not quite sure how it all works, but its the first time in forever that I've not gained the usual 5 pounds between Halloween and New Years. Back now to logging and fasting, and feeling really great about it!
  • chiccam
    What the??? Way to go. Will you be my friend :#
  • chiccam
    That's supposed to be funny not creepy. I can definitely see how it could come across as creepy :)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    chiccam wrote: »
    That's supposed to be funny not creepy. I can definitely see how it could come across as creepy :)

LOL! You have succeeded.

• angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Hahhaha :D
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Holiday weight/bloat is gone....now onto the goal!!