plant based/entirely plant based...

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Again, because the old boards are gone: If I could ask, how many of you are entirely vegan, how many are vegetarian, and how many do eat some animal products?

In my normal state I'd say I'm a flexitarian. I eat some cheese, and some fish, and meat out once a month or so. Hubs is primarily vegetarian, though he's been known to eat meat. His parents are raw food (mostly) vegan.

What about others here?

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 3 years, vegetarian for quite a few years before that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Mihani wrote: »
    Vegan for 3 years, vegetarian for quite a few years before that.
    Thanks Mihani! Just trying to get a feel for things....I know that less red meat means fewer hot flashes/night sweats for me, but trying to work through the rest....
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    vegan here too.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 20 years. I'm trying to transition to vegan in 2015, just need to lose the whey protein and Starbucks lattes.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am not vegetarian, but trying to eat mostly plants for optimal nutrition and weight loss.
  • dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, transitioning (back) to vegan.
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for a few years, but I am hoping to transition to full vegan this 2015. Chocolates are my problem!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, folks. Based on the comments on the main boards, I was wondering who real EtLers are. Thanks!
  • calicofrey
    Options
    I guess I'm flexitarian--I have been eating too much meat because my fiance is on a very restricted diet due to an autoimmune condition that does not allow him to eat starch. So meat is on the menu for him every day, and unfortunately I am usually too busy/frustrated to cook myself a different meal. In 2015 I'm working on preparing the meat dish for him and substituting beans/sweet potatoes/root veggies for the meat in my meal.
    We eat a ton of produce, so the trick will be to have easy go-to substitutes for my meals. Sadly, I'm the only cook in the house, so it's up to me to make the meal plan that suits everyones needs.
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm vegan, but my family is not. But they like quite a lot of what I make for myself, so I am happy they are eating more veggies than before!! But usually I make 2 different suppers....
  • JCN80
    JCN80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Technically, I'm a pescatarian (fish but no meat), but I try to eat vegan 99% of the time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks for all this. I've been noticing that left to my own devices and without thinking "protein rules", I've been eating very very very little meat. Some fish, but that's not often. Fascinating. (and hot flashes are almost nonexistent)
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I am all over the place but trending vegan. My goal is to limit animal protein to 10 oz per week per Dr. Fuhrman in the End of Dieting.