Day 7

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
One official week! Keep it up guys! Today I am feeling pretty energized and enjoying my scrambled eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms.

Replies

• emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Certainly better than the last two days. Still having really weird, slightly anxious dreams, not sure if its food related but I am three weeks in to a six week holiday so its not stress! No cravings, I was given two homemade berry and white choc scones that I later threw out, I am so good. Hope everyone is feeling better than yesterday. Day 6 was funny to read except we all felt crap, so not funny.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with a serious lack of energy for just over 24 hours. No amount of coffee, carbs, or fat is helping. But I feel like it might be getting better today.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Today I'm following more of a primal diet than paleo. Despite our best intentions to eat all the non-approved foods back in December, we still have that 2nd container of plain Greek yogurt in the fridge from a Costco 2-pack. My mom commented that she missed eating bread or a roll last night, but I've been doing surprisingly well with grain-y carb-y cravings this first week!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feeling good here too. I exceeded my calories by a bit yesterday but nothing major and I did exercise so I didn't eat back all. I hope everyone is starting to feel better on day 7. Eahouston, my house is full of non paleo food because of the rest of the family, if I'm watching my husband eat a sandwich and get a craving I either make tea or have a tbsp of almond butter. I'm staying away from dairy but I do plan on having a glass of red wine come Friday.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well, I can't believe I've made it a week!! I am planning on crossfit tonight then dinner of chicken and roasted artichoke hearts. Tomorrow I'm going to happy hour and that will be a major challenge for me as I'm not drinking right now. I guess I'll see how dedicated I am!! I'm glad to have you guys to check in with and keep up with!!
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yeah my dad eats completely different foods from my mom and me. Greek yogurt never seems to give me digestive issues like milk or cheese do if eaten in excess, so it's something I plan to include in my diet from time to time :)
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Kiss that week goodbye; as I said before I am not trying to loose anymore weight necessarily but it seems my waist is pulling in and my pants are having a hard time staying up, and now my wedding ring keeps slipping off when I wash my hands. I am still not weighing myself until this is over but there are already obvious signs that some inflammation has been going on.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Quinnstinct, I made the soup & it is AWESOME! Did NOT use but 1/4 of the hot pepper though cuz it was HOT one! Thank you & sure you can go to happy hour, just drink citrus water & remember you will have to tell us how disciplined you were! just kidding, have fun with your friends!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Day 7. YAY one week bites the dust! I was called at 6:10 this morning that there wasn't electricity at school (I am kitchen manager) and our temp was MINUS 27 degrees. So needless to say NO school.
    Food: I had a boiled egg with avocado for breakfast, a banana with some nuts for a snack, pork chop with my riced cauli mixture, a TBSP of nut butter (that I made myself with almonds/pecans) and the fabulous Spicy Chicken soup (recipe from Quinnstinct)! I know what will be for lunch tomorrow!!
    I got in 9.5 miles on the ex bike & bundled up & took the furries for a 1/2 mile walk to the mailbox!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am holding strong with my food goals and feeling good!! I did slack on the exercise, due to weather tonight, just wanted to get home ASAP! Negative windchills, blowing snow AS its snowing, bad road conditions. But I am feeling good about the changes, I have had no side effects except feeling a bit hungrier today. Probably because I chose less fatty items...turkey soup, and flounder were my main dishes.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me. Went well, maybe because I was better prepared today so I had good food planned, which made it easier to say things like, "In a matter of moments I'm going to have this wonderful hot meal -- I don't need to raid the candy dish left over from the holidays," and not give in to temptation.

I need to encourage the teens to finish off the candy...
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 7, yay! omelet, steak & veg today. Not hungry, but am tired.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    @vhuber awesome! I just finished the last of that soup and will be making more, it was really good and warming. I'm glad you liked it!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Day 7 on track, feeling good and staying focused!