Favourite Recipes?

Options
msnucerity
msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
Hi Everyone!

Just to shake things up just a bit, anyone interested in a recipe swap?

I'll start- mine is my FAVOURITE, go-to, dip, dressing, or even snack if I'm really desperate (goes great with roasted chicken, avocado and mint salad)

- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 1/2 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- (for those who are able to eat it) 2 tsp honey

Mix it up and voila! A delish dipping sauce, or if you thin in out with a bit of water or more lime juice, salad dressing, or dare I say, sauce for some pulled pork or shredded chicken!

What's your go-to recipe?

Replies

• emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have just realised that seaweed is paleo (would anyone disagree??) and am excited. I will let you know what I do with it once I work it out. Love sushi, just need to do it without the rice!
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What if you did sushi with cauliflower rice? Or mashed sweet potato?
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This might be strange, but could you wrap meatballs in the smaller sized seaweed sheets? I used to make rice, meat, and veggie balls that I wrapped in seaweed, so as long as the meatballs have paleo-friendly binding ingredients, that could work. Whether or not it sounds good to anyone other than me is up for debate haha
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I eat the seaweed snacks (Seasnax, Annie Chuns, Wegmans brand) all the time, I like them! But I have never had sushi because by the time it got popular here, I couldn't have it because they use soy sauce made with wheat and I was diagnosed with Celiac (gluten intolerance).

I cook ALL the time so I would be hard pressed to find a favorite recipe! I cook at home, I cook at work, I take my own food everywhere. It just depends what I am in the mood for! If anyone wants specific suggestions I have a TON!!

Today for lunch I had Cabbage Meatball soup naturalfertilityandwellness.com/cabbage-and-meatball-soup/, spring mix salad with pomegranate white balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dressing, and some frozen peaches.
  • emma7437
    Options
    meatballs in seaweed sound awesome! I was kind of thinking vegies to ensure I am getting plenty of vegies, but the meat sound good.
  • emma7437
    Options
    I made mustard with sage chicken thighs last night and they were amazing. I can't give exact amounts cause the recipe was for 12 thighs and I did two! It worked really well regardless.

You need chicken thighs on the bone with skin (never had these before and it was amazing). Mix melted coconut oil or butter with mustard, dried sage, salt and pepper then cover the chicken skin and bake for 45 minutes at 220 celsius (428 fah).

I used coconut oil but might use butter next time to make a comparison, a lot of fat came off them and I'm not sure you need the coconut oil. I just had it with peas and sweet potato and it was a really good dinner. I have the spare for lunch or dinner today and I am looking forward to it.
  • sunshine5610
    sunshine5610 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I love Chicken Salad and cry a little every time I think about not being able to have mayo on Paleo, but found a great solution...

Avocado!

I make chix salad now with a ripe avocado as a substitute for mayo and it works great! Just throw it in with all the other ingredients and mash/mix it up until the avocado coats everything. Only suggestion - if you're packing your lunch for work (like me) or planning to eat it later on, in order to not have the avocado turn brown on you, either bring the ingredients and make it fresh, or leave the avocado seed in your chix salad until you eat it (secret from our family friends who make the best homemade guac; leaving the seed in keep the guac fresher longer).

My typical ingredients:
    leftover pulled/diced chicken
    cubed apples or halfed grapes
    walnuts
    crasins
    celery
    and now... avocado!
    salt and pepper to taste
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I love Chicken Salad and cry a little every time I think about not being able to have mayo on Paleo, but found a great solution...

Avocado!

I make chix salad now with a ripe avocado as a substitute for mayo and it works great! Just throw it in with all the other ingredients and mash/mix it up until the avocado coats everything. Only suggestion - if you're packing your lunch for work (like me) or planning to eat it later on, in order to not have the avocado turn brown on you, either bring the ingredients and make it fresh, or leave the avocado seed in your chix salad until you eat it (secret from our family friends who make the best homemade guac; leaving the seed in keep the guac fresher longer).

My typical ingredients:
    leftover pulled/diced chicken
    cubed apples or halfed grapes
    walnuts
    crasins
    celery
    and now... avocado!
    salt and pepper to taste

Sounds like a good recipe, but you totally CAN have mayo, but homemade! I use Extra Light Olive oil or liquid coconut oil, one egg, a pinch of dry mustard, a pinch of salt and a Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Start all but the oil going on low in the blender. Start drizzling in oil slowly, and increase the speed as it comes together. When it seems to stop mixing, I use a spatula to help it and a dd just a bit more to make it thicker.
  • sunshine5610
    sunshine5610 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »

Sounds like a good recipe, but you totally CAN have mayo, but homemade! I use Extra Light Olive oil or liquid coconut oil, one egg, a pinch of dry mustard, a pinch of salt and a Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Start all but the oil going on low in the blender. Start drizzling in oil slowly, and increase the speed as it comes together. When it seems to stop mixing, I use a spatula to help it and a dd just a bit more to make it thicker.
    This sounds awesome!! Will definitely try