What foods burn calories all day?

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this app and really want to lose weight. I'm trying to keep within my suggested calorie intake and doing the Tony Horton 10 minute trainer. But does anyone know what foods are good to eat, that keep burning calories or keep your metabolism working? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For me anything with protein helps to keep my metab going as long as I go low on the carbs for the day. Usually chicken or fish is my choice however peanut butter while high in fat content does the trick also. I try to eat most of my carbs in the morning also to give me some extra push towards the end of the day. Good luck on your journey .
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    br0hammer wrote: »
    For me anything with protein helps to keep my metab going as long as I go low on the carbs for the day. Usually chicken or fish is my choice however peanut butter while high in fat content does the trick also. I try to eat most of my carbs in the morning also to give me some extra push towards the end of the day. Good luck on your journey .

Agree! Starting your day with protein actually revs your metabolism and leads the body to burn calories for an extended period of time. I recently read an article on the use of protein in accelerated weight loss. The study (done at Tel Aviv University) determined that women who start their day with a protein smoothie within 15-30 minutes of awaking, lost more weight than the group that started with a regular breakfast.

The recommended smoothie uses whey protein isolate. I make my smoothie with 1 scoop whey protein isolate, 1/2 cup berries, 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, 1/2 cup FF Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, and a tablespoon of chia seeds. It controls my hunger well into lunch time.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    What's the calorie/nutritional breakdown on that smoothie MarciBkon?
  • ptrevino25
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips! (*) it's greatly appreciated, I definitely give them a try. Good luck to you all with this hard but amazing journey <3
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What's the calorie/nutritional breakdown on that smoothie MarciBkon?
    The stats for this particular smoothie are 227 Calories, 4g fat, fiber 9g, and protein 32. There is also 13g of sugar but it is not added sugar as it comes from the berries.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Yeah, I tend to discount the sugar if I know that it came from fruit.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am trying this! Thanks Marci. :)
  • mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder to my coffee. I used to use creamer, and now a half a scoop of chocolate protein to a large coffee and I'm set.
  • knittingk
    knittingk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mkemmis73 wrote: »
    I add protein powder to my coffee. I used to use creamer, and now a half a scoop of chocolate protein to a large coffee and I'm set.

Off to try this. thanks for the great idea