Week 3 - Day 1

Options
RS3khon
RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Sorry guys I'm starting this week early because next weekend we're having a Lohri (Indian festival) party and my house is going to be crazy on sat & sun (trying to get this week's workouts done by friday morning before everyone flies in). No rest day for me until next weekend! Workout 3 is killer. I made it through but during the last circuit I was so slow and exhausted (+ hungry, i think i need to eat a bigger breakfast). If anyone has done ripped in 30, some of the moves were similar to weeks 2 and 3 in that video. I did ripped in 30 before starting this, so doing these moves again weren't so bad, but still exhausting. I was amazed I could do those side crunch things! They looked super hard but surprisingly doable. Anyways, workout 3 done.

Replies

• miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've started Week 3 too because I'm in Australia so we're quite a few hours ahead. My husband really thought it's been stepped up significantly in Workout 3 . I'm not sure about the strength moves being harder (a lot of bodyweight based ones) but I definitely did notice that there seemed to be more cardio .
  • the_new_robin2013
    the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No worries!! For everyone else it's on Monday :)
  • ketpatt
    ketpatt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Workout 3 done! I hope to better next time.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just as I suspected, balance was my issue. I tried to get my leg up, but couldn't get it higher than my knee and ended up just keeping it near the lower leg or ankle. My other challenge were the yoga moves. I absolutely HATE yoga and I found myself struggling through this part.
  • courtneyh754918
    courtneyh754918 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 Done.
  • erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I struggled too with workout 3 too. The tricep dips in the crab position and some of the yoga moves. There was a few spots where I just had to pause and catch my breath for 10 seconds. Felt awesome after though!
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Doing Workout 3 tonight. I had to take a sick day and a day off for family reasons. Excited for something new! :smile:
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Done! I will be sore tomorrow.
  • healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Holy crap this one was rough!! I will def. be sore tomorrow!
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW that was tough - definitely agree with soybeaner and kjcassidy - going to be sore tomorrow. For comparison, I burned 325 calories during this workout, but workouts 1 & 2 burned around 225-250 calories each.
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That was tough but I was ready for a change. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout. Soybeaner... Did u take the weekend off?
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Done with three pauses of the DVD, also with my foot down at my ankle on that tree yoga pose - I couldn't do it all, but I pushed to muscle exhaustion and I felt like throwing up when I was done. I think Jillian would be happy. :smiley:

I'm looking forward to the 4th time I do this workout and see the improvement.
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @cbraun133‌ I did the cardio on Saturday afternoon. Sundays are my rest days. Week 3 is proving a new challenge!