Changes In Monthly Cycle Affecting Ease Of Weightloss

Options
I've been noticing a real change in my monthly cycle. Actually my period has become so sporadic. I can go for a few months with nothing, but then when it starts, it can go on for as long as three weeks! Along with these changes, I've noticed that losing weight has become very difficult. Has anyone else noticed the same thing, and what did you do to jump start the weightloss?

Replies

• yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Prior to Oct2011 that is what my cycle was like. Then I went 11 months with nothing 2weeks heavy flow 11 months nothing 1 week med flow 11 months nothing now have had 3 monthly cycles....last year I gained 10lbs in one week a total of 25 lbs in about 4 months. To jump start I have added hiking and walking up hills. It is good cardio for me plus works the big muscles glutes, quads & hamstrings and the fresh air makes me happy. Even if it is only 10 minutes a day. I am starting strength training today - not only is it good for the bones resting muscles burns more calories then resting fat :-) As my body gets stronger and shape changes the scale will move.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    oh yes. I was super regular, and could easily keep the scale happy. Now my cycles are between 14 and 80 days, my waist has spread a tad, and I have to WORK for it for sure.

Good luck to both of you.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yep that's exactly how I started too. It was very frustrating to me for about two years and then I tried going back on the pill. My blood pressure sky rocketed, not really sure if that's what caused it but my regular doctor suggested I go off because that's the biggest reason she said she doesn't recommend women over 50 be on the pill. So I went off. Now I try not to even think about it or stress about it. If I have a period, great. If I don't, great. Though I was having some very heavy periods before I went back on the pill and that was not fun at all. I went off the pill in October and I have had one period, about a month ago, and it was very light, and so I have no idea what is in store for me yet. And yes, I have not been able to lose weight and I have blamed it on the hormonal changes. I'm also trying not to do that and to just focus on eating healthy and working out and NOT being stressed out.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    yep! I never know if & /or when I will start...longest I have gone w/o is 8 months. Than bam! showed up again. I have noticed lately I am a lot lighter and for less time...? Sure wish would just figure out what it wants to do already :smile: I've just made adjustments with calorie intake mostly for now
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    yep! I never know if & /or when I will start...longest I have gone w/o is 8 months. Than bam! showed up again. I have noticed lately I am a lot lighter and for less time...? Sure wish would just figure out what it wants to do already :smile: I've just made adjustments with calorie intake mostly for now

8 months! that would be frustrating when it arrived again!