Hi!

Hi everyone. I'm new to both this app and LCHF

My doctor has been telling me to ditch the carbs for the past couple of year, as my current high-carb diet has been causing me some major health problems. This year I'm finally going LCHF and hopefully improve my health.

One major thing I'm having trouble with is figuring out my macronutrient ratio. Is there a reliable online calculator that can do it for me?

When I was doing some research on LCHF, I noticed a lot of LCHF blogs and sites seemed to emphasize eating lots of dairy. The problem is that I have eczema and dairy is my primary trigger. (Plus I think I may be lactose intolerant as well). Eating high amounts of dairy isn't the best thing for me, and I need to know what are good substitutes.

Coffee! A lot of these blogs and sites also emphasized drinking coffee, but coffee tends to make me feel anxious and/or drowsy, so I try avoiding it. Should I just stick to tea and water?

I also can't cook and am the only one in my family who eats breakfast on a regular basis. What are good meals, particularly breakfasts, that don't require cooking? (Lunch and dinner aren't as big of problems).

Thanks to anyone who answers this!

Replies

• shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Hard Boiled eggs for breakfast chopped up with some mayo on them. You can boil eggs.
    This is some pretty good information on Keto diets which is close to LCHF.
    reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_what_will_my_weight_loss_progress_look_like.3F

Then at the beginning of this Forum is Launch Pad and there are links in there.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039093/the-lcd-launch-pad-start-here#Item_2

Even if you think you do not know how to cook you really can. Just throw a slab if meat in a pan on medium heat in a nice puddle of melted butter or olive oil and let it cook util your desired tastes. Trial and error. I tend to under cook unless it is pork or chicken.

Chicken you can put in pan in oven AT 35O , with skin on, and bake until done= make a slit in it with a knife and if juice comes out clear to tan, NOT pink it is done. Sprinkle lemon pepper or other spices on it. Bake a big pan full of it and grab a nice piece for breakfast. Butter it with a little mayo and you are good to go. You can do this. Cooking is not only easy it is very fun.

• Hard Boiled eggs for breakfast chopped up with some mayo on them. You can boil eggs.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039093/the-lcd-launch-pad-start-here#Item_2

Even if you think you do not know how to cook you really can. Just throw a slab if meat in a pan on medium heat in a nice puddle of melted butter or olive oil and let it cook util your desired tastes. Trial and error. I tend to under cook unless it is pork or chicken.

Chicken you can put in pan in oven AT 35O , with skin on, and bake until done= make a slit in it with a knife and if juice comes out clear to tan, NOT pink it is done. Sprinkle lemon pepper or other spices on it. Bake a big pan full of it and grab a nice piece for breakfast. Butter it with a little mayo and you are good to go. You can do this. Cooking is not only easy it is very fun.

Thanks for the tips and the links! Boiled eggs with mayo actually sounds really good.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Hard Boiled eggs for breakfast chopped up with some mayo on them. You can boil eggs.

Thanks for the tips and the links! Boiled eggs with mayo actually sounds really good.

Welcome!

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    You don't need to eat or drink anything you don't want to. I drink tons of coffee, but that's because I like it. If you don't like it, don't drink it. You'll do just fine with water. Heck, there's some suggestion that coffee can cause an insulin response, which is exactly what you're trying to avoid in the first place.
  • frob23 wrote: »
    You don't need to eat or drink anything you don't want to. I drink tons of coffee, but that's because I like it. If you don't like it, don't drink it. You'll do just fine with water. Heck, there's some suggestion that coffee can cause an insulin response, which is exactly what you're trying to avoid in the first place.

I didn't know that about coffee. Thanks for the info.
  • pennyfaye
    pennyfaye Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome AngeLechuza! I'm back after a loong time. I'm tryin to get better at logging my foods. The crock pot can be your friend if your cooking skills are lacking. Just scan those cool sites for crock pot recipes.
  • pennyfaye wrote: »
    Welcome AngeLechuza! I'm back after a loong time. I'm tryin to get better at logging my foods. The crock pot can be your friend if your cooking skills are lacking. Just scan those cool sites for crock pot recipes.

Thanks! I think we have a crock pot at home. I'll start using it once I get back home in May.