Week 2 Weigh-In

Options
lisanzama
lisanzama Posts: 7 Member
I hope you've all had a great week! I'm weighing in at 213.6 - which is a 3.4 lbs loss from my starting weight o 217 last week.

Motivation: Make just one change this week and stick to it. Then in the following week when you've perfected your first change, you add another. Last week I committed to writing down every morsel that goes into my mouth. This week I'm committing to 1) writing down everything I eat and 2) drink eight glasses of water. Next week I'm committing to 1) writing down everything I eat, 2) drinking eight glasses of water, and 3) working out 3 times that week. As you can see each o the little changes I add weekly are what I ultimately strive towards, but am working towards in a much more manageable and failure-proof way.

Good luck to all this week!

Replies

• roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started the week at 194. I am hoping for another good week this week. I would like to lose 2-3 lbs which I think is doable since my body is still probably in shock with the new healthy outlook. I know that eventually it will slow down or even no weight loss at all. I am prepared to deal with that and embrace it as I know even if the scale doesn't move, I am doing the right things for my heart and body. Being healthy is my #1 goal right now with weight loss as my #2. I have recently seen the Dr. and as of now, I am pretty healthy but have diabetic parents and want to continue on being as healthy as I can because you just never know.
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are both an inspiration to me! I've been at this almost a year and I have really struggled with the scale budging...and that is a big problem for me. It has taken me about a year to get my head around not focusing on that number, but I think I'm finally in the right place that now I need to focus on the number and get that scale to move. I know it will be slow, but I hope I can keep myself on track, and with the motivation I see with this group, I know I'll get there. I have done ok logging my food, but not making great choices in what I've put in my mouth. I need to go back and revisit my 'healthy' eating. The holidays were easy for me to slip in to the the old excuses and say 'just a little bit won't hurt', but the little bit went on to the next day, and the next, and so on...so now its time to get back to what was working. I'm setting a goal for the next 5 weeks to lose 5% which is about 2-3 lbs a week. I know I can do it...and you'll all help me! ;) Thanks for your positive attitudes and motivation! We Got This!!!
  • mpersun
    mpersun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is only my second week back trying to be healthy and I am struggling already! UGH. It really takes a lot of effort to eat healthy, it's so easy to grab quick, unhealthy foods. I'm still exercising, but today is a wash. My son has a wrestling match 1.5 hours away and I didn't get up this morning to get my workout in like I like to do, so now I'm looking at no exercise for today and probably a meal out.

Great losses ladies! I think we can help push each other to stay on track!!
  • roni0906
    roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know how easy it is to get off track. Look for healthy bars like Fiber One to have on hand. If you fall off, get right back on. Good luck.