My Goals for 2015

AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
I’m going to do a tough mudder in March and I want to be able to do all of the obstacles this time (I couldn’t do the rings last time). So, most of my early training will be focused on improving pull ups and grip strength.

For general strength, I want to improve my squat, deadlift and overhead press by 20% each.

For mobility, I want to be able to do overhead squats with some weight (> 135lbs).

For stamina, I want to be able to complete Fran at RX (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9pXeLsmQk).

And then, at some point in the year, I will go for my level 1 certification.

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Great goals Allan. Haven't quite settled on my goals for 2015. Would like to reduce bf% but don't know if i want to continue on the slooooow recomp I started in January or go back to a deficit and then bulk/cut. Will definitely continue Allpro routine.
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Love these goals! Those overhead squats look so intense. Where will your Tough Mudder be?

My goals are simple: 1) get to under 185 pounds (199 or less by my birthday, July 4), 2) blood pressure under 125 / 75, and 3) able to do 50+ pushups.

I bet we both hit our goals. Keep up the fitness this year!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Lou, I think a bf% is a great goal to go after (gain muscle or lose fat).

Dale, I’m doing the tough mudder in Milton, FL (near Pensacola).
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Hi, I would like to check in with you guys.
    My goals by June:
    195 (One-derland)
    Blood Pressure in Healthy Range (w/o meds)
    Glucose in range (w/o meds)

By September:
    Choosen a healthy weight (May not want to stay at 195 as I don't I will look good at that weight)
    W/O any meds
    Have been involved with a Mud Run/Marathon.

Thanks,
    -cjd-
  • loulamb7
    2015 will start a bit slower for me then I planned. Hurt my lower back lifting my dog, who had hurt his back leg. Now the 2 of us are limping around the house. So no lifting this week and may need to take next week off also.

Here are my goals for 2015:
    1. Continue with Allpro lifting routine - increase strength and add mass
    2. Reduce body fat from 20-21% to 17-18%
    3. Reduce waist from 38" to 35-36"
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Hello everyone, I would like to check-in with you guys as well. I haven't been exercising at all so I need to start again. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of March 2015. Currently I am 6'2'' 245#. I will be doing the "Fight for Air Climb" here in San Francisco. I will be climbing the Bank of America building going up 52 stories with the stairs. I also want to get my blood pressure down as well.
  • loulamb7
    mugofire wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I would like to check-in with you guys as well. I haven't been exercising at all so I need to start again. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of March 2015. Currently I am 6'2'' 245#. I will be doing the "Fight for Air Climb" here in San Francisco. I will be climbing the Bank of America building going up 52 stories with the stairs. I also want to get my blood pressure down as well.

Great goals. You can achieve these. Almost exactly what I did in 2013. Started at 245 lbs, also 6'2", and lost 50 lbs. Stay focused on small goals and eat enough for your activity level. Good luck on the climb.
  • toeknee45
    toeknee45 Posts: 25 Member
    i'm back after a 6 months vacation from mfp. i'm ready to hit it hard. feel free to add me a friend.
  • Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. My goal is to go snow skiing this winter-- need to lose at least 15 lbs before the snow is gone from the local southern CA mountains!
  • Lol forgot to include that I need to lse the weight in order to fit into my ski clothes . . .
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    BillyBro57 wrote: »
    Lol forgot to include that I need to lse the weight in order to fit into my ski clothes . . .
    :D I wondered how the weight loss fit into skiing. Good luck.
  • main goals are two mud runs with my oldest youngster this late summer/fall...complete three rounds of BFL...have some others but they are mainly the means to that point this year, then will redfine...here's to 2015 men *raising my h2o*
  • My goals are to trim down by 10 pounds or so (gradually) and keep running long distance in a concerted effort to set at least one new PR for myself in any race distance running in 2015.