Sugar craving help!

Options
I have always had a bad sweet tooth, and I have tried to do my best to overcome that since becoming a Paleo, but lately I've relapsed and have been eating lots of Paleo sweets and dark chocolate. Does anyone have any advice for overcoming this? (Personally I also don't know any other paleo's in person so that makes things harder too)

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, have you tried herbal teas? Many that are paleo (no added soy, etc) help my sweet cravings. Mint is nice and my new favorite is ginger lemon. Otherwise, it's a tbsp of almond butter but I've gotten out of hand with that myself. I'm sure other's have good fixes. A berry smoothie with almond milk might help.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    drinking a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar in a bottle of water each day seems to help. I read that it might, tried it and have not had the physical cravings having gone cold turkey. It of course does not help with the mental cravings, that takes will power.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience L-glutamine really diminishes my sugar cravings! I usually take 500mg 3-4 times per day, when my blood sugar is at its lowest. I also take acetyl L-carnitine when I'm craving carbs. These are inexpensive supplements, and you can get it anywhere. Do a little research to learn more.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience L-glutamine really diminishes my sugar cravings! I usually take 500mg 3-4 times per day, when my blood sugar is at its lowest. I also take acetyl L-carnitine when I'm craving carbs. These are inexpensive supplements, and you can get it anywhere. Do a little research to learn more.
    I have a bottle of L-glutamine coming in today, I didn't know it would do that, yippy!
  • Justanotherpersn
    Justanotherpersn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will defenatly look into that!
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like to make small batches of coconut crack bars for a treat once in a while. Those are delicious. Or I really want to try some coconut balls rolled in hemp seeds. I found those on the Nutiva website and those sound great cause they are crunchy.
  • Dozer91
    Dozer91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is some good Paleo Hot chocolate recipes out there in the googlespheres, just make sure to make them with coconut milk, not Almond milk. I even saw a carrot cake made with dates and coconut milk. I am all for it. Yum.