Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brussel Sprouts Smell

ortega1990
ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
Last night I roasted brussel sprouts to the point that I almost burned them, in the hopes that they would not smell once cooked. I have some left this morning and they still smell yucky... any suggestions on how to get rid of the smell?

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Lol :smile: are you going to eat them, smell? Or does your kitchen smell? Baking soda in a cup or bowl, or cook something else to counter the smell. My husband hates the smell of my kimchi and bone broth. Maybe open a window.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    If you're eating them maybe squeeze some lemon over them.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    I've done that before, I just ate them, they were still good with Ghee and onions
  • Captaincove
    Captaincove Posts: 26 Member
    Cooking them with onions and garlic helps.
  • jeanette526
    jeanette526 Posts: 21 Member
    for a treat I fry them with some coconut oil, honey and nuts. It's like desert.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    They are just smelly, like broccoli. I imagine my coworkers hate how much reheated broccoli I eat. It's going to be somewhat nice this weekend and I can not wait to open my kitchen windows, my house smells meat-y and food-y since I've been cooking so much and I'd like to air it out!!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    I had my leftover sprouts for lunch and even though slightly smelly, they tasted fine. I've never roasted sprouts before and I thought that like with cauliflower, the smell would be completely gone by roasting. A squeeze of lemon over them sounds good!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    A nice way to prepare brussels sprouts is to boil them 5-10 minutes , drain, drizzle with walnut oil, butter, and salt & pepper. Delish, and no smell.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    I LOVE burnt brussels sprouts with some oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. I never notice the smell I guess because all my favorite veggies smell! LOL Broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, asparagus, artichokes...
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    They are in the same family as cabbage & broccoli so they smell. I love them shredded in a food processor & roasted with olive oil until they caramelize. Toss some bacon pieces & enjoy!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    I cook a bunch of bacon first then slice the little heads really thin and toss them right into the bacon fat, cook them, toss back in the bacon and UMMMMMM