something happen that made me think I have to lose weight did you ?

Options
I am 51 my health was starting to go down in the last two years my blood pressure got very very high than I became a diabetic type 2. But did not stop me eating
The thing that did was waiting for an ambulance at home and them asking my weight and saying they could get me to the ambulance but if I could walk there with their help it would be easier for them. Walking out to the ambulance one step at a time with my husband and them helping me. I had to go to hospital as was dizzy/sick/blood sugars too high
It was oh god what am I doing to myself I am too big to get in their chair ( I look very big as only 5ft 2 so very wide)
So I stated to eat healthy ( this was two months before Xmas )
Last week I got scales and found my fittness pal I was 302lb and in first week of really eating right I lost 9lb

Replies

• jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    We have all had that epiphany moment; for me, it is important to write those things down so that I can go back to it and re-experience that moment to help me when I start to lose focus on my health goals. Congratulations on your start to a healthier you!
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sitting here in Sleep Train Arena and feeling so uncomfortable because I can barely fit in the seat. We are watching the Kings vs Clippers basketball game. I feel hopeless and the urge to gorge. I know it won't make me feel better. I hate being this size. Pray for me. I'm having a very low moment.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you Chana <3
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For me it was 2014 jan 2nd I was unhappy with how I looked and how it was affecting my relationships. I decided that if I didn't start now, I would be 400+# by my 40th bday. So I started eating better and joined a gym. I went hard core for about 6 months then just stopped and gained all of the weight back. I started running I. October of 14 and have started to like tgat. I'm doing the couch to 5k program and just have to take it slower as I started from 0.
  • FtrImprfct
    FtrImprfct Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mid December a guy at work who I didn't know for too long noticed I've been putting on weight, I hopped on a scale and saw he was very much right, started cutting down how much I ate and after loosing 15 I knew I would need help to get down to something healthy so I turned to MFP and bought a step tracker to keep me moving.
  • Jewels416
    Jewels416 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is planning a trip in 2016 to Ireland, London, Scotland, and Wales. I totally want to go but the last 2 years I've had some problems with my knees and legs. I've had knee surgery, but I still don't think physically I could keep up on the trip. I want to go on the trip! On the 5th they started a fitness challenge at work (Slim It to Win It). That seemed like the sign I needed.
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you Chana <3
    Thank you.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sitting here in Sleep Train Arena and feeling so uncomfortable because I can barely fit in the seat. We are watching the Kings vs Clippers basketball game. I feel hopeless and the urge to gorge. I know it won't make me feel better. I hate being this size. Pray for me. I'm having a very low moment.

I understand! Please add me as your friend!