Whey Low opinions or results?

Options
Naughty_ZOOT
Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,305 Member
Has anyone tried Whey Low? I saw it in the health food store again and wondered how it really works in the real world rather than the label hype to not spike your glucose or insulin levels. Anyone have any opinions on this product?

I have been using Swerve (erythritol) and stevia since going LCHF a year ago. They are okay for a lot of things and don't mess with my insulin response like Splenda can. Splenda makes me want sweets later and I have tested that several times. It can also make me want a glass of wine which can again, be the sugar cravings. Interesting nonetheless.

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sorry ... I use no sugar substitutes at all. Don't really use sugar either. But I do eat fruit, but not juices. Boring, I know ... but I really don't like sweet except in deserts like candy, cakes, pies, and puddings ... and only have those in small quantities on rare occasions. I found that any sugar intake, even too much fruit, causes me to crave sweet stuff and starchy carbs.
  • florecita453
    florecita453 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    True^^^ the more sweets you eat, whether they affect glucose levels or not, they can make you crave more. Same with carbs.
    I've been eating 5 to 60 carbs a day with no sweets, no desserts, and only 1/4 of frozen berries in the morning with my plain yogurt, and I don't crave carbs. The protein keeps me full too.
    But today I had 3 prunes (for the fiber) and I keep thinking I want something sweet. I'm craving carbs!
    When I get a little craving like this, I drink some black coffee and I'm good. Or cinnamon tea with a splash of unsweet almond milk.
  • florecita453
    florecita453 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    True^^^ the more sweets you eat, whether they affect glucose levels or not, they can make you crave more. Same with carbs.
    I've been eating 50 to 60 carbs a day with no sweets, no desserts, and only 1/4 of frozen berries in the morning with my plain yogurt, and I don't crave carbs. The protein keeps me full too.
    But today I had 3 prunes (for the fiber) and I keep thinking I want something sweet. I'm craving carbs!
    When I get a little craving like this, I drink some black coffee and I'm good. Or cinnamon tea with a splash of unsweet almond milk.