Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
289c412ca7f4733d9749908c4b84dea9.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    ^Because this was me when I finished my run today and the kids were still with their grandfather. And also because I <3 Hyperbole and a Half!

Yeah, so I went for a nice long run (about 10mi, but it took FOREVER running in my super low zone for heart rate training), seeing as how I'll get plenty of recovery time between now and DH's return. I'm just really happy to have had the chance to workout! Yay for father-in-law taking the kids off my hands!

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Glad you got the run in.

Yesterday I ran to a Saturday morning metabolic conditioning class and back. I had planned to run today, but wimped out. The icy rain was too much, both because I don't want to slip and because cars were slipping all over this morning, too. I told myself that if I was going to wimp out of the run today, then I had to make sure that I got to bed early enough, to get to work early, get out of work early, and make sure I get to the kettleball class tomorrow.

I do need to do a half hour of something tonight. Not sure if it will be yoga or Wii "Just Dance" game.

Split Pea soup is cooking. Hope it turns out.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing run Sherry! Glad to hear the soup turned out!

Donna your pancakes sound amazing.

Val is your son feeling better? How was the birthday party?

Yesterday I did my Couch to 5K run and it's the best I've felt running in a long time. It's funny how going back to the basics seems to have re-energized how I feel about running. Meanwhile my foot seems to be holding steady, if not actually getting better.

Today I did 45 minutes on my bike trainer then some hip exercises on the floor (clamshells, fire hydrants, single leg bridges).

I'm on day 12 of my 24 day eating challenge, so I'm halfway done. I'm still having periodic cravings for foods I can't eat on the challenge, but I'm holding strong. Last weekend was tough & yesterday was tough but today has been a lot easier.
  • jenmck5
    jenmck5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Went for a nice walk about 4.5 miles. It was great weather 50 degrees. Couldn't resist. Pulled a muscle or something in my calf. I had gone to the chiropractor on Thursday and he said that I shouldn't do anything that makes it hurt. So I'm backing off of HIIT workouts for the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow back to my workouts.

Just heard from husband he is in Florida for a conference. Couple of weeks ago he found out he was to go for work - so of course he checks to see if there is a marathon near his conference there was. So he has completed 4 marathons in 4 months in 4 states. It was his personal record of 4 hours and 14 minutes. I'm very proud of him. He just told me he topped 50,000 steps, although this was his shortest steps in a marathon of 42,000 steps.