New to Group - Accountability partner??

Options
drew22308
drew22308 Posts: 90 Member
40 years old and new to group and need some accountability friends. After 4 kids want to lose 75 pounds of that baby weight that never seemed to go away! :wink: My willpower lately has been next to nil and really trying to motivate myself and others cheering / jeering could really help. Anyone else need the same?

Replies

• CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am happy to cheer you on. I am a little bit older than you and half way to my 60 lb goal! I have a willpower tip to share. You won't eat it if you don't bring it into the house. Kids will adapt! You can do this, accept baby steps forward. Small changes that you can live with forever! Don't try to do everything at once or you will crash and burn! Welcome!!
  • amybrownfranks
    Options
    Hello, I will help cheer you on, 47 and would like to loose around 45lbs.. I suffer from several illnesses which make it hard for me some days to stay motivated. I recommitted to this on Jan 5 so far I have gotten at least some exercise in daily.. I do have a question should I stay at my 1200calories or can I eat something else once the exercise is taken off. So lets be friends and cheer for each other.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I couldn't survive on 1200 so I read somewhere around here about eating back half the calories you exercise. I have found I maintain but don't lose if I eat all the calories back. Good Luck
  • dmca2002
    dmca2002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drew. I would be willing to be accountability partner. I am looking for same thing. Someone to help each other keep on track and encourage.
  • drew22308
    drew22308 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've enjoyed seeing your posts and comments today. Helps it not feel so alone in this journey. :smile:
  • Jeanne41970
    Options
    Hello, I will help cheer you on, 47 and would like to loose around 45lbs.. I suffer from several illnesses which make it hard for me some days to stay motivated. I recommitted to this on Jan 5 so far I have gotten at least some exercise in daily.. I do have a question should I stay at my 1200calories or can I eat something else once the exercise is taken off. So lets be friends and cheer for each other.

• Jeanne41970
    Options
    I also have some health issues and find I am getting depressed often. I too am having to recommit. I need a motivation / accountability partner and we seem to share some common issues.
  • Jeanne41970
    Options
    drew22308 wrote: »
    40 years old and new to group and need some accountability friends. After 4 kids want to lose 75 pounds of that baby weight that never seemed to go away! :wink: My willpower lately has been next to nil and really trying to motivate myself and others cheering / jeering could really help. Anyone else need the same?

• Jeanne41970
    Options
    I am also seeking an accountability/motivation partner. Have already began to slide in my fitness program this year and am looking to recommit. This group seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Looking forward to re-inventing myself with MyFitnessPal, 40 & Fabulous, and new found friends. Please add me.
  • amybrownfranks
    Options
    Jeanne41970
    I would love to partner up with you. Some people just don't understand when you are having a bad day with your Heath unless they suffer also. So I am going to friend you.
  • ajarjoura
    ajarjoura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, would like to help too. I'm new to this program - 5 days in. Have gained 25 lbs over past 3 years with major life changes and menopause. With support and encouragement we all can do this.
  • Natalee1571
    Options
    New here and would, love an accountability partner or group. Mid 40s need to, lose 50 lbs. Lost 8 lbs so far. I need to make a permanent lifestyle change. I'm tired of the roller coaster that is my weight.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Could always use new accountibilibuddies...add me if you'd like!
  • vanessahughes946
    vanessahughes946 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for some accountability and support myself. I too am in my mid 40's and need to lose 50 pounds. Only down 2 pounds so far...coming off slowly, but coming off!
  • drmoore32
    drmoore32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would love a group with some accountability. I'm 45 and staying alive. I would love to be added if you like!
  • snklfrtz02
    snklfrtz02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I could definitely use accountability and support also. :)
  • Natalee1571
    Options
    I'll add you both. Need all the help I can get too!
  • Admsrcng14
    Admsrcng14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Penny 48. Need all the support I can get. Don't just want to lose weight but get healthy too. Schedule for a hysterectomy in March. Welcome all.

• jvinyard27
    jvinyard27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Janice, 39 (almost 40). These past few yrs my metabolism has slowed & I need to lose around 25 pounds, tone, change my lifestyle. Happy to have found this group..! Add me & I'll cheer you on.
  • We can do this!!!! Let's help each other!