MOTIVATION!!!!!

Replies

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 499 Member
    curryblume wrote: »
    curryblume wrote: »
    rororulz wrote: »
    I have been off and on with My Fitness Pal, this is the year. I have 5 grandchildren and one more on the way and want to be around for a long healthy life with them. And yes, today is a fresh new page in the book.

It's nice not to be the only one over 50.
    I find it much harder to lose weight than twenty years ago.

I'm also over 50, will be 52 next month with 10 grandchildren and struggling to lose.
    A lot of nice motivational quotes! I need to copy some of them off and post them where I'll see them daily :p
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    I'm 53 years old. I'm working on an Associate Degree although I have a Master of Science degree already. I lost 40lbs last year and working on losing an additional 30 pounds this year. I try to walk 10000 steps a day on any day I don't spend an hour on my bike. Some days I do the 10k steps and ride the bike.

I keep a copy of Tennyson's Ulysses near my desk. Whenever I start a new venture, I read this poem. I find within this poem the motivation to look on the other side of the hill or to keep moving towards the horizon.

Oddly enough, the following quote was also in the Bond movie Skyfall. The quote was spoken by M during her appearance in front of the tribunal court investigating the various problems within MI6.

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Ulysses - Lord Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892)
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    nwoy6kf6anw5.jpg

Very Motivating
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    I'm glad to be part of the group...I need goals and support!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    MOTIVATION: as a group, as of the end of week 1, for those that posted their weights we lost a collective 315 pounds! 315!!!! AMAZING! And many did not post their weights, so the total could be even higher! YAY team!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    MOTIVATION: as a group, as of the end of week 1, for those that posted their weights we lost a collective 315 pounds! 315!!!! AMAZING! And many did not post their weights, so the total could be even higher! YAY team!

LOVE THIS!!!!

• silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    And it could be even more since some of us post in kilos :)
  • walking_woman

Love this :)
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Love these quotes! I will wear black for the flat and go buy Ulysses - Lord Alfred Tennyson! Wish there was a like button for you all.
  • walking_woman
    My motivation for this week.

The spreadsheet totals all the weight loss. Staying the same weight is fine. Gaining weight removes pounds from the group total.

So my motivation for the week is to not be the person to lessen the number of pounds lost :)
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Oh no - I better behave!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Today's motivation: for the first time in forever, when I look down I can see my toes. I was in the shower, looked down and briefly panicked thinking what in the world is that on my tub, and when they moved it hit me: 10 piggly wigglies smiling up at ME! Celebrate small victories indeed :smile:
  • curryblume
    curryblume Posts: 22 Member
    pmtrm2y6aqhi.jpg

Actually I find it very difficult not to eat sweets. There's a lot of pressure at work right now and I feel I need it even though I know that I don't. Have you got any ideas how to get over it?
  • ineedachange185
    ineedachange185 Posts: 30 Member
    m9ww5eawqys0.jpg

I like this very much