Like Minded Lushes January 2015

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    First weekend with the puppy was challenging...to say the least. While she is a very cute and sweet girl, I personally underestimated how exhausting a puppy could possibly be! She is a tiny little girl right now (7.5 lbs). Her spurts of energy don't last too long then she crashes for about 1-2 hours. She does not like her kennel, but I refuse to cave in letting her out while she is whining. The cat is curious and isn't scared of her, but the puppy wants to play while cat does not. LOL.

Wish me luck....hope she gets better as the week progresses. I'm EXHAUSTED! Thank God for caffeine!

Friday - 4 beers (went to be at 10pm)
    Saturday - 4 beers
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yep puppies are hard. But they grow fast so it shouldn't be too long before things calm down.

Great weekend. Lots of wine. I needed it for my chicken stroganoff. so of course I drank all day long.

g9mganxue6yd.jpg

This is the love of my life (other than Doug, of course) We walked a longer walk on Friday and he has not been moving too well since so I need to scale back again. Poor baby boy.

Lush on!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Awwwwww, Mama Lush that is the sweetest picture! I know that this is an adjustment period with the puppy and I need to get a grip on myself. I stress out about little things way too easily! I can't help it :( Oh well. You live and you learn right?
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 6 drinks
    Sun - 2 drinks
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    aww...sweet pic mama lush!
    and yup, bridget..they are like babies! she'll settle down into a routine soon hopefully..but not before you lose plenty of sleep and a little bit of your mind :D you need to post some pics too!
    I partied a bit too much Saturday so I managed a 0 yesterday. Back on track for the week. I have no weight loss to report. :grumble:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    zg1fk4liybym.jpg

I hope this picture works! LOL. I'll have to upload more later when I'm at home! I have lost my mind a little already and I'm only on day 3! I told my hubby that he will have to wake up while I'm getting ready for work for a while because I can't do that and watch Gemma and still be on time to work! LOL I hope easier days are ahead for us!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    awww...how sweet! yes...that's good training for the other kind of baby if that's in your future :wink: tag teaming is the way to do it!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!
    I have a lot to catch up on the tread, just wanted to pop in and say hi!! We had a fabulous time in TX but so happy to be home...although I do miss the 60 degree weather :grumble:
    I need to dry out for a few days, so probably some zeros until friday or saturday!!! :cheers:
    xo
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Hi Kate! So glad you had fun in TX!! Welcome back!

Day 3 with puppy went better. I put her in her kennel last night and she only whined for 5 minutes or so and then went right to sleep! It was a miracle! So, that lifted my spirits a little. :)

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Pretty lushie holiday weekend-
    Friday=7 drinks
    Saturday=3 drinks
    Sunday=3 drinks
    Monday=4 drinks

Trying to go for 0s until Friday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Ahh puppies :) Too cute!

Have you tried putting a blanket over the crate? I think it makes them feel more cozy. ANd this may sound harsh, but I have used it with both my puppies I've had and it worked....if they start whining at night in the crate I hit the top and I think it scares them a bit, but then they don't whine anymore. I only had to do it a couple times until they got the hint.

In lushy news....we were having a discussion with friends a few weeks ago about the occasional glass of wine while pregnant. (I have a lot of friends currently expecting) And one of my friends docs said 4 oz of wine a day is fine! I thought that was a little excessive. So I asked my doc yesterday his thoughts on the occasional wine, he believes its perfectly fine...as long as I can stop at one ;)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Cute puppy.

I weighed in on the wine while pregnant issue before. My doctor actually presribed it too me during my last trimester with both kids because I was so stressed. One 4 ounce glass. And relax while savoring it. My daughters are both brilliant beautiful young women so I don't think it hurt.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I love the puppy pics!
    Our oldest and his wife had their first baby, (which makes it our first Grand-baby!)
    He was born on January 12th and weighed 6.5oz. Cute little wart!
    It's my birthday today- 59. Going to celebrate by staying up late (9pm), watching a movie and try not to fall asleep. Wife and I might get a little bit frisky and go to bed without our socks on! :wink:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Love the puppy pics too!!!!

CONGRATS Gary and happy happy birthday!!!!!

Nothing last night and nothing again tonight! I might even wait until saturday to drink!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Thank you! Her name is Gemma and she is sure a hand full! She is good about going to the bathroom when we take her outside though, so that is wonderful! Just a few accidents in the house, nothing major. If only I could get her to stop chasing our cat that would be wonderful! I'm about to just give up trying and let them hash it out.

Congrats on your Grandbaby, Gary! And happy belated birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
  • rjadams
    Options
    Congrats on the grandson. Happy belated birthday I hope you were able to stay awake.

I didn't have a good day yesterday so I finally got a hold of the doctor to make some changes in the meds. Hopefully it will help.

White wine last night.
    a zero tonight is the goal but we shall see.
  • rjadams
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Finding things that make me happy. I get to see these two this Saturday. Olivia will be three on Friday and Andelane turned one in September.uo5i9fo6cx75.jpg

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    babies and puppies! yay!
    Happy Belated Bday, Gary!

I got a 0 last night!
    going for 0 again tonight...
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hope things look up for you Wolf and Mama Lush <3<3

I took Monday of from work outs but pushed hard today on P90X Shoulders and Arms as well as the bike.

Congrats on the little one Ryze.

Bgrune your fur babe is adorable! It's been awhile since I had a little one, my youngest is 7.

Had wine Monday and yesterday, not sure about tonight.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Puppies and babies and alcohol...this is the best group in all of the MFP land!

Happy Birthday, Gary!

Bridget, Your pup is sooooo cute! They are that cute so you don't hurt them when they are driving you nutso! It does get easier and the bond gets stronger.

Mama Lush, I just love seeing that Bodi pup. He is so handsome. Glad to hear that he is healing even if it is slow.

I am indulging in lots of wine tonight and I also had a salted caramel vodka and it is only Wednesday. I have been good this past week with logging all my food and drink but not so sure if I will tonight. I want to lose these stinking four pounds but apparently not bad enough.

C'est la vie