sheilam -- NM Staff

As I'm "friending" some of you I figured I'd better come out from behind the scenes. I am s_moore101 on MFP but was sheilam on NM as NM staff. I was there answering some tech questions & phone support not very active in the rooms. Glad there are so many of you here so we can all stay in touch :)

Replies

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Welcome to our little family here on MFP, I am glad you could come and be with us here. :D
  • Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
  • Judyelaine1952
    Judyelaine1952 Posts: 25 Member
    Happy to see you come out into the light!
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Hi Sheila, I am glad that you have choose to come join us. :) I hope that you also signed up to get the News Letter from Lynn and Susano. I look forward to finding out what those two are up to.
  • s_moore101
    s_moore101 Posts: 2 Member
    Everyone I'm glad to be here also & can't wait to see what Lynn & Susano come up with :)
  • midge130
    midge130 Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome Sheila - I think I may have talked to you the other day when ordering the NM items. Anyway, I'm glad you're here and LOVE the saying on your picture! Good words to live by.
  • Carole100
    Carole100 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi-this is Losingit2 on NM-Carole100 here. Haven't posted my picture since I need to figure that out.
    But I'm here and I stayed to the end, after 11PM EST. I missed NM coming up as my home page and I miss putting my weight in right off. I know this will be a learning curve and I will be checking others to see if this is where I will food log but it is wonderful seeing so many familiar faces. I look forward to help from all of you.
    First off, how do I make this my home page?
    Next, do they have a tour or page where I can get a lay of the land/site?
    Any way to make the print larger, my eye sight isn't what it was.
    Help!!!
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Hey Losing! Glad you found us. MFP is very easy to use so far but I have no idea how to make it your home page. Watch the serving sizes, it comes up with really odd sizes sometimes--I wanted 1 banana and got 10 cups mashed :) Have a great day!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Carole100 wrote: »
    Hi-this is Losingit2 on NM-Carole100 here. Haven't posted my picture since I need to figure that out.
    But I'm here and I stayed to the end, after 11PM EST. I missed NM coming up as my home page and I miss putting my weight in right off. I know this will be a learning curve and I will be checking others to see if this is where I will food log but it is wonderful seeing so many familiar faces. I look forward to help from all of you.
    First off, how do I make this my home page?
    Next, do they have a tour or page where I can get a lay of the land/site?
    Any way to make the print larger, my eye sight isn't what it was.
    Help!!!

Hi Carole. Good to see you here! You cant make it your home page, but you can bookmark it and just use that bookmark to come here directly. Bookmark this page.

As for making the print larger, usually on computers, if you hold down the CTRL button while you press the "+" button you can make the print larger (or hold down the "-" button to make it smaller).

Also, if you see a post here that you want to follow, be sure to click on the little star at the top of the page by the title of the post...it will turn gold. That way, when you come back to the group's main page it will show if there has been any new activity on that post.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning all.
    Sheila, so wonderful that you posted and we can continue to stay in touch. I look forward to hearing what you are doing. I assume you will remain busy with PrePak business.

Carole, I am able to make this my home page...if your computer is the same as mine (Internet Explorer), in the upper right hand corner, under the minimize/restore/closed icons, are three other icons, a house (Home) a star (Favorites) and a gear (Tools). Right click the house and the last option is "add or change your home page", then you can select if you want to add this to your home page or make this your only home page.
  • Carole100
    Carole100 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks, I'll try that. Can you have more than 1 home page? For the last 5 years NM has been there when I brought my computer up.
  • sannferris
    edited January 2015
    I have 4 tabs come up every morning for my home page. (Bing for searching, weather, email, and NM/now MFP). You can have as many as you want, just set it up and then when you go to that icon and click "add or change home page", one of the choices is "use the current tab settings as your home page".
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hmmm, I never new you could do that. I have about 4 that I open every day. That would save me some time.
  • sannferris
    Yay, getting a little more "techno saavy", glad I can help.
  • B) Hi everyone. I put my sunglasses on because MFP is going to overflow with the brightness of NM! B)
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Ya, jeannie, we NMer's sure do know how to shine as bright as the (*)'s !!!!

Loved the picture of you visiting with Pam & Jim.
  • sannferris
    Carole, did you get your home page the way you want it?
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hi all! I was ivanek on NM. Wow, great to see everyone here!
    Marcie, I don't remember, is there a list somewhere of who we all were on NM? There are a couple of names here that I don't recognize. Thanks for the info about the little star.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    isyvanek wrote: »
    Hi all! I was ivanek on NM. Wow, great to see everyone here!
    Marcie, I don't remember, is there a list somewhere of who we all were on NM? There are a couple of names here that I don't recognize. Thanks for the info about the little star.

Here's the list of who's who here Isabella. Also, I hope to see you over on the Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler post!