Can anyone recommend a run tracking app

Options
i recently tried couple including mapmy run ,argus , and accupedio or something like that and I am left confused and frustrated. Any advice

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Strava is pretty simple to use
  • SidonieElodie
    SidonieElodie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenferrel3612

I can't comment on any of the other apps but I can recommend Strava. I use it to tack my runs as well as bike rides. It can feed into my fitness pal as well as tracks the route I've taken, elevation (I live in a hilly place) and pace. Although, I'm sure all of these kinds of apps have similar functions. One other nifty feature is that I can compare my results to other users that have taken the same path. Not that i have anything to brag about in the result department but it gives me something to aim for. Also it's free :)

Hope that helps in some way.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Your main options are Runkeeper, Endomondo, Runtastic and MapMyFitness or Strava. I've used all five and personally don't like MapMyFitness or Runtastic. I now use a Garmin and feed that to Endomondo and strava, each have their benefits.

Contrary to the other responses I'd suggest Endomondo or Runkeeper for a newbie. The free functionalities are a bit better and whilst Strava is powerful it's a bit more serious trainer in terms of approach.

All five of those can link to MFP, which is a benefit.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the Runkeeper app, but I don't like runkeeper (website) myself as I've found the elevation stats are totally crap. If you don't care about elevation then it seems decent. Especially with the easily set goals and supportive emails it sends.

I've heard good things about Endomondo.

Definitely prefer my Garmin though.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper. Very easy to use. But I agree it doesn't seem to register elevation changes, only that you slowed down. So calorie burns seem to be very low if you are doing a lot of hills or stairs.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I like the data from Strava, but I've had it malfunction a couple of times mid-run. I usually run RunDouble and Strava while running, MapMyRide and Strava while riding.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike Run app. It's simple easy to use and tracks my runs.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have Runkeeper and Runtastic. Even though I have the paid version of Runtastic, I prefer Runkeeper, but they're pretty similar. Because I have a Polar Bluetooth heart rate monitor, I started using the Polar Beat app, which also uses GPS to calculate distance, speed, etc. They're pretty good. My sister has a Garmin GPS watch that she likes EXCEPT for the heart rate monitor that goes with it. She actually ended up returning it because she got so frustrated with that function and went back to using her Polar heart rate monitor (not bluetooth, so it's the chest strap and watch) and an app on her phone (I can't remember which one).
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I really like runtastic, if you live in an area that has spotty satellite coverage it seems to work well anyway
  • nicole7743
    nicole7743 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Runmeter is brilliant. It tracks everything including average speed and cadence and includes maps of your run. Plus you can do 5k,10k half marathon or full marathon training with it. Can't recommend it enough
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    personally I like Endomondo. it has a good interface and I enjoy the stats that it delivers. Actually it gave me more info that I anticipated.
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am a little late on the reply. I just found a site that I love. It has brilliant metrics and comparison data. It has badges for your achievements, ranking among runners and, better yet, you can SEE your improvement over time. The site is brilliant.

No, I don't work for the company. It is smashrun.com/jim.brasic/refer. Feel free to add me as a friend. I could use some running buddies! Please give me a load of crap if I don't run for a couple days!

OH! I forgot. It integrates with iSmoothRun, Endomondo, Strava, and RunKeeper as well as a few others. No need to give up your old app....