WEEK 2 RESULTS: How to lose 100 lbs. in Two Weeks?

Options
johng1973
johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Be accountable for what you do with your calories…that’s it! Know how much you take in and know how much you expend. That’s what we’re all doing and it looks like it’s working because with a little over 3 weeks into January we have collectively lost over 100 lbs! Everyone should give themselves a little pat on the back. @diddyk‌ should give herself a huge pat as she was the big winner this week logging a total of 5.8 lbs. Congrats Diddy and welcome back!

Speaking of welcome back, we had some new additions to the spreadsheet (some have been here before). Welcome @TheresaKnits, @fizzleh‌ , @John_Reeve‌ , @twitch82‌ , @Th3Ph03n1x‌ , @Establishedn1986‌ , and @jpulley03‌ ! All of you have posted great numbers.
We’re half way through the month everyone!

Let’s keep up the good work!

Also, let’s all get behind @gzus7freek‌ ! We’ve all been through it before; we’re not seeing the losses we want even though we’re doing the work, or life throws us a couple of curveballs that throw us off our plan. Those are all temporary setbacks that can be turned around with a little hard work and support from others. So let’s all support @gzus7freek‌ and help her get going in the right direction!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Overall Leader Board

Weight
@MoLLiy1985 – 11.5 lbs.
@jpulley03‌ – 9.8 lbs.
@johng1973‌ – 7.8 lbs.
@tyrantduck‌ – 6.6 lbs.
@diddyk‌ – 5.8 lbs.
@TMLPatrick‌ – 5.8 lbs.

% Weight
@jpulley03‌ – 3.72%
@MoLLiy1985‌ – 3.48%
@johng1973‌ – 3.45%
@diddyk‌ – 3.30%.
@jayn169‌ – 3.26%

Here is the spreadsheet for reference:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RI0XF7y-3RJ7i_C4ykECooLi8HiPq2JV3WeQkAVf1Fg

Replies

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good work, everyone!
  • johng1973
    Options
    Definitely! We've added even more people to the mix and they have some great losses also. It's going to be a good week three!!!
  • TheresaKnits
    TheresaKnits Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was really happy to be able to post a loss after sitting on my behind in a weaving workshop for 3 days! Then I topped it off with some kind of hip injury. So now I'm really trying hard to watch my intake. I still have 2# to lose by the end of the month on my Diet Bet group. Getting old really sucks!
  • johng1973
    Options
    Great job Theresa!!! Hope your injury heals quickly!!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.... I don't expect a big loss though. My weight has been pretty steady all week.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hopefully all this water I've been drinking will help flush out some of the salt / water weight & I'll have a good weigh in tomorrow, despite working out tonight. *fingers crossed*
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    no idea what happened to me but i got on the scale this morning and was exactly 2lbs heavier than last week. UGH. i know i'm not getting the exercise i need, but my sprained ankle is still healing. i'm making sure to walk at least a mile a day since that's all my ankle will allow me to do before it stiffens up, but still...
  • MoLLiy1985
    MoLLiy1985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you near your time of the month? Bloating can pack on the pounds. Just keep at it. This week will be better. :)

tyrantduck wrote: »
    no idea what happened to me but i got on the scale this morning and was exactly 2lbs heavier than last week. UGH. i know i'm not getting the exercise i need, but my sprained ankle is still healing. i'm making sure to walk at least a mile a day since that's all my ankle will allow me to do before it stiffens up, but still...

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    MoLLiy1985 wrote: »
    Are you near your time of the month? Bloating can pack on the pounds. Just keep at it. This week will be better. :)

I know it wasn't directed at me, but thanks for the reminder! I usually go up 1-3 lbs the week before my time of month. THIS is that week, and I'm only up 1/2 lb! That makes me feel better :):):)
  • MoLLiy1985
    MoLLiy1985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I made you feel better :) Feel free to add me. The more the merrier :)

MoLLiy1985 wrote: »

I know it wasn't directed at me, but thanks for the reminder! I usually go up 1-3 lbs the week before my time of month. THIS is that week, and I'm only up 1/2 lb! That makes me feel better :):):)

• TheresaKnits
    Options
    I started on South Beach this week as I'm not getting as much exercise as I had been pre-injury. Have Dr. appt. today to assess what I should and should not be doing. Pretty sure it's just bursitis, but as I do have osteopenia it's a good idea to check. I'm sure he's going to say that I need to lose 15-20# (and that would be right). Thankfully I still have a few more days to lose the last .9# of my Diet Bet! The good thing is that I'm losing the carb craving I have most of the time, which helps.

Keep up the good work everyone! And if you fall off the wagon, just jump back on!
  • TMLPatrick
    Options
    Last weigh in of the month tomorrow, kids.... make it a good one!
  • johng1973
    Options
    Trying to shed a bunch of water weight as my Sodium has been high but my calories have been low!!!
  • johng1973
    Options
    I actually logged my weight today to see what I difference I can make in one day!
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • TMLPatrick
    Options
    This really helped me keep focused, is someone going to set up a Feburary spreadsheet?
  • fruity933
    fruity933 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Saw your group posted to another forum and decided I would join. Hope you don't mind :)
  • johng1973
    Options
    Of course not! The more the merrier!
  • TheresaKnits
    Options
    I'll stay in for February. Joined another Diet Bet so I need to stay motivated! I'm trying to do as much as I can before March when I spend a week with the grandsons (who have terrible eating habits), back-to-back with a week-long retreat with my girlfriends (who eat better, but drink a lot). LOL My goal for March will just be to maintain wherever I am at the end of February! ;)