New Runner

Options
Not sure if I can call myself a runner yet but I am starting the program today and I am scared and excited. I am worried my size will make this harder but I hope that I will stick it out. I plan to start on my treadmill and then when the weather gets nicer going to the track by my house. If you want please friend me, I need some accountability buddies!

Replies

• chelm1222
    chelm1222 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good luck with starting the program. Just take your time and go at a pace that is more or less comfortable so that you can complete each day. If you need to take it slow, take it slow, but don't give up!!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. Just take it one day at a time and don't be afraid to slow down to make it through the run times. Congratulations on getting started. That's a big step.
    Keep us posted on your progress, thoughts and runs.
  • dexteropolis
    dexteropolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app and did my first workout this morning it was really hard! I am glad I didnt start last night because I probably would have gave up. I think I will repeat week one just so I know I can do week two. I am not worried about being a slow poke I just have exercise commitment issues. But I think that if I take it slow and easy I will not injure myself and give up! #excited #sweaty #motivated
  • dexteropolis
    dexteropolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Question: does anyone else have the misfit flash? It only counted 297 steps for my whole workout!! Is that because I had to hold on to treadmill handles so I would not fall?
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi Dexter (we are already friends!). I use a Fitbit and I have found that it miscounts if I hold on. What I've done is either slowed down so I'm not afraid of falling. Or I hold on with my right hand only and let my left (where my Fitbit is) swing normally. Keep going!