I need good breakfast ideas

Options
I love breakfast but I need some help

Replies

• Coastiewife61
    Options
    well I eat poached eggs and 1/2 thin whole wheat bagel and Butterball turkey slices Yumm
  • Abberration
    Options
    Do you have a calorie range in mind?
  • acony_bell
    acony_bell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat sauteed spinach and garlic, egg over easy and and 1/2 a bagel on a regular basis. Another favorite is an omelet w/ 1 oz feta cheese, spinach, mushroom and red onion. Very flavorful and filling!
  • cherrymom0110
    cherrymom0110 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating quinoa for breakfast. I can't eat eggs, milk or cheese so a lot of options are out for me. I make with half water and half almond milk. Put a little cinnamon and brown sugar in it and add fruit. It is great!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast depending on what I am eating for dinner. I also split my breakfast up into two parts on mornings that I work. It helps because I get very hungry right after breakfast so I don't try to eat lunch early.

Sometimes I do:

A powerhouse smoothie (Pears, pinapple and kale) @9:30am
    A low calorie yogurt @10:30/11am
    --
    1 or 2 egg whites and a piece of turkey bacon @9:30am
    A low calorie yogurt or protein bar @10:30/11am
    --
    An apple/banana or some type of fruit @9:30am
    Oatmeal with salt and pepper or honey@10:30/11am
    --
    On Fridays and Sundays when I'm off I will make scrambled egg whites and put them on wheat toast with turkey bacon. Or take wheat bread and soak it in egg whites. Bake (Or griddle) them. Put sugar free apple pie filling on top. Super yummy. Low calorie. And my Love LOVES it. :)
  • visionaryamy
    visionaryamy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup black beans, 1 egg, 1 egg white = microwave
    top with avocado, salsa, etc.
    so good and keeps me full for a long time!
  • greglovering603
    Options
    I usually have 2 packets high-fiber oatmeal with a little something extra in it, suc as raisins, craisins, chopped apple, or nuts....and a glass of skim milk
  • scooberooni
    scooberooni Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe from Food Babe as I can make it in advance and you can grab it on the way out the door if you are running late for work.

Food Babe's Parfait Porridge

Print
    Prep time
    10 mins
    Total time
    10 mins

Serves: 1

Ingredients
    ¼ cup oat groats rinsed and drained
    ¼ cup ezekiel cereal, muesli, or ¼ cup steel or rolled oats (for texture)
    1 tsp of currants (I use raisins)
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    4 ounces unsweetened almond milk
    1 tsp of chia seeds (optional)
    1 cup fresh or frozen fruit of your choice

Instructions
    In a "to go" glass container of your choice: Place oat groats, ezekiel cereal/oats, cinnamon, currants, chia seeds, and almond milk in the container and stir
    Top mixture with fresh or frozen fruit
    Let mixture sit in fridge overnight or up to three days in fridge
  • scooberooni
    scooberooni Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a Whole Grain English Muffin (Rudi's) with a shmear of kalamata hummus (I can give a recipe if you like) and sliced tomatoes. I also threw in a banana after. Low cal, several food groups, and yummy!
  • aadarling21
    aadarling21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today I had a banana pancake:

Mash a medium banana in a bowl with a fork, crack two eggs into the bowl and whisk together with the fork.
    Heat a small pan on medium low and spray w/ nonstick spray.
    Pour batter into pan and let cook until edges are firm, flip with spatula and cook on other side until firm.
    Top with whatever you want, today I had cherry preserves on it... yum!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating quinoa for breakfast. I can't eat eggs, milk or cheese so a lot of options are out for me. I make with half water and half almond milk. Put a little cinnamon and brown sugar in it and add fruit. It is great!

Yeah, that sounds yummy!
  • brendaswomleyfrazier
    Options
    I do 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 0.5 oz shredded cheese. Beat eggs together and cook like your doing an omelette. When you flip add cheese and fold. Top with a little salsa. Low in calories and full of flavor. Approx 160 cal.
  • asilva66
    asilva66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I pick from either oatmeal, almond milk & slivered almonds with cinnamon or 1 egg cooked in coconut oil with 1 slice of swiss cheese & a slice of wheat toast. Both are filling and so darn good!
  • southcrest622
    Options
    I usually have a leanfit protein shake, blended with a banana. About an hour later a large orange. Then good till lunch!!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am not great at eating "breakfast" I eat brunch. I am never hungry in the morning I get up late as I work evenings. What I do is make something ahead of time...a crockpot omelette with eggs and meat and veggies...cheese if you eat it. Egg "muffins" that I batch cook on the weekend. Egg "sandwiches" that I make the fixings for on the weekend. I portion all out for the work week so its grab and go.

• mere521
    mere521 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Spoon ground Turkey in pan that has been heated with coconut oil. Sprinkle on seasoning... I use cinnamon, mrs. Dash onion and herb, & black pepper. Takes about 15 min, flip half way between. Voila! homemade turkey sausage! :-)
  • davidorona10
    Options
    I like a 2 egg omelet with sauted broccoli and fresh spinach. I go light on the cheese. You can do egg whites as well but I like the whole egg. This fills me up.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like good old fashioned porridge oats with a sprinkling of nuts and seeds, some dried fruit and a drizzle of honey from my bees....it comes in at a fairly high 400 cals but keeps me filled up until late afternoon.
    I also like eggs served as an omelette with chopped veggies and chillies
  • TaniaLynne
    TaniaLynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i like a baby spinach, mixed berry, milk, and greek yogurt shake...mmmmm
  • Roisin_Dances
    Options
    I really like eggs and some veggie bacon on a rice cake but that can be tough on busy mornings. If I'm feeling lazy it's 90sec porridge with half almond milk half water. Other then that I make chia seed fruit puddings (chia seeds, almond milk, fruit of choice) and smoothies (same as chia recipe).