homemade quest bars

Options
Started making them. Really good and easy peasy to make. Have to buy vitafiber but nothing to it once you have it. stuff looks expensive but a pittance compared to cost of the bars and u control the content.

i'd type more but hand in splint and difficult. check out youtube videos under homemade quest bars to see how easy and sourcing. I save the 'storebought' ones for traveling now.

Replies

• Antlerdancer
    Antlerdancer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well, hello! I bought Vitafiber a LONG time ago but never got my lazy self around to trying to make the Quest bars. Here is the recipe I was going to use:
    http://www.busybuthealthy.com/homemade-quest-protein-bars/
    I see that in the 6 months or so that I was interested in doing this, there are TONS more hits on Google for "homemade Quest bars." May revisit this. What particular recipe do you use?
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I definitely need to try these. If anyone has a particular recipe they have tried and love, please post
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    Options
    funny - i was just looking up for who has them the cheapest right now! i've thought about getting the vitafiber and making my own - but my thoughts are as far as i got!
    - i'd be interested in hearing more about what people have done to make them!
  • Vauxin
    Vauxin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been making a bar for quite sometime, it is more like a no-bake cookie little less calories but less protein as well.

1 cup natural peanut butter
    3 tablespoons honey (or agave)
    1 and 1/2 cup whey protein (chocolate and vanilla work well)
    1 cup oats
    5 tablespoons water
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla

I also like to add a pinch of salt, and this makes 12 bars and ends up being about 220 calories 11g fat 12g carbs and 15g of protien