Non-scale victory!

Options
My size 8 jeans fit again like they used to! I'm so freaking happy I can't describe it. But the scale hasn't moved, so I'm confused as to how they fit again. Ladies, have you ever had your thighs shrink from water loss?

Replies

• traveljjo
    traveljjo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    heck no... sounds like something I would pay for though. :) Are you working out? Maybe you toned up.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I will take any sign as a sign of progress. Today when I walked I noticed my legs did not have to fight to get past each other. I finally have thigh cleavage. Wait That is not the right word I forget. OH well.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    traveljjo wrote: »
    heck no... sounds like something I would pay for though. :) Are you working out? Maybe you toned up.

I want to work out so bad, need to fix my bike or the ankle sprain needs to heal up faster. So not that, but I'd settle for magic as an explanation.

• tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I will take any sign as a sign of progress. Today when I walked I noticed my legs did not have to fight to get past each other. I finally have thigh cleavage. Wait That is not the right word I forget. OH well.
    >>>ThighCleavage<<<
    Now that right there...that's funny..! lol
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My thighs are definitely shrinking but size 8 jeans are so far in the future as to be a mirage. Congrats on your accomplishment!

::flowerforyou::
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    body re-composition..happens in lchf/keto
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options

msmi1970 wrote: »
    LOVE this thought.

Today I will dig into the hamper of smaller jeans I just could not get rid of and see if I can get into any of them now. Would be encouraging. Weight numbers are so slow to go down but I measure smaller.
    tq33702 wrote: »
    >>>ThighCleavage<<<

I finally remembered the right word. Thigh Gap is all the rage right now. LOL
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thought.
    tq33702 wrote: »
    >>>ThighCleavage<<<

I finally remembered the right word. Thigh Gap is all the rage right now. LOL

It's ok...I'm still ROTFL...!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I think it has a lot to do with the "water loss" that everyone likes to through at us LCHF/Ketoers. There is some validity to it to it for us. When we force our body to stop using glycogen to start using ketones for fuel, our body first uses up the stored glycogen, which each gram of is stored in something like two grams of water. SO you feel and look leaner, even if you haven't lost significant weight, yet. At least, that is my understanding of it.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

I would be so happy if this kicks that back into gear. My body used to redistribute extra weight all the time, to my hips and thighs instead of my stomach. I loved it then and I love it even more now.

DAM5412 wrote: »
    Good for you!! I think it has a lot to do with the "water loss" that everyone likes to through at us LCHF/Ketoers. There is some validity to it to it for us. When we force our body to stop using glycogen to start using ketones for fuel, our body first uses up the stored glycogen, which each gram of is stored in something like two grams of water. SO you feel and look leaner, even if you haven't lost significant weight, yet. At least, that is my understanding of it.

This sounds sciencey and I like it. Any articles about it? I'm a biology major, so this is endlessly fascinating to me.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I fit into a smaller size today too. Not gonna lie, the strut was mighty on my two block walk in to work. MIGHTY. lol