Progress

Options
mwhite61451
mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
How are you all doing. I made it yesterday!!

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I passed 100mi sometime during last week... I'm wondering if I can double it!
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I hit it yesterday :smile:
  • Tremellas
    Tremellas Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just went back and divided my two biking entries by two so now I'm at 92 so far, most of it walking and running.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I passed 100 last Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure I was the first, so ... I WON!!!

Where's my prize? Go Team Asia! (I think it's a team of one. We should have divided by country/continent ... or, in the case of US, by state or region :smile: )

Actually most of those are stationary bike "miles," since I don't want to aggravate my plantar fasciitis. (Boo plantar fasciitis.) Still, I was curious how long it'd take. And I didn't want to divide miles by half because ... well, by the logic of "bike covers more territory," so does running, so would that count as less than walking? Do heavier people who have to work harder while running get to count more miles? What about different types of swimming? Like, sidestroke vs butterfly? Nah, gets too complicated. But mainly I was curious how much theoretical "ground" I cover with my regular routine.

I'm trying to keep track of walking through color coding ... hope to make 100 that way too! Probably won't, but that'd be cool. I'll have to convert km to miles and then parse out additional miles that aren't color-coded separately cuz they're lumped into a full day's amount. So not sure where I stand on that; maybe around 35-40 miles of pure walking ...
  • Tremellas
    Options
    Yeh I'm liking the color coding, mine are red for running, green for walking, blue for biking and orange if it was a walk then a run on the same day. I think I have about equal miles walking and running, I am not a bike rider though, it seems to really exhaust me, I'd rather run those same ten miles than do them on a bike, especially with these hills...
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just figured it out. (Ah, the advantages of having a cold and really not wanting to do anything but sit by the heater with my laptop.) So far I'm at 119 miles on the spreadsheet, of which 45 are walking miles. Which I think is pretty good, but still, to get 100 I'd need to walk 55 miles in the next 11 days ... hmmmmm ...
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    I am only entering 1/4 of the miles I ride on my bike. I am just under 100 miles on the bike left to go. This group has been a great motivation for me to start the new year out right. My gym has a "Ride 2,015 miles in 2015" challenge. I want that done before I go on vacation in mid-May!
  • jasonlprice
    jasonlprice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    19.5 miles to go!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to make it. I should have hit 95 this month with my regular exercise schedule but the treadmill in my gym (which I run on after BJJ class twice a week) broke before Christmas and has not yet been replaced, which knocked some 20-25 miles off my month :(
  • mynameisbriii
    mynameisbriii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just filled in the rest of the month when I know I will be working out. Because my work out buddies definitely help me hold myself accountable. But with that filled in I'm only half way there! Oh man! Maybe I need to extend some of these work out outs and stop giving myself "off" days.
  • Tremellas
    Options
    I'm at 119.5 but I feel a little like I'm cheating counting walking, I walk several miles every day commuting because its much easier than driving in traffic, so most of my miles are walking. If I count running alone, so far I only have 39 miles.
  • jasonlprice
    jasonlprice Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Went over 100 today! All walking for me.
  • Tremellas
    Options
    Went over 100 today! All walking for me.

Awesome! Just curious, do you walk to get around or do you make time in your day for an exercise walk? or both?
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    I am over 400 miles on the bike, and 500 for the month is within reach!!!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    MaxPower, that is awesome man, and I thought I did well with approaching 200! ;)

* tries not to touch the name he wants to touch, but mustn't touch. *
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Completed my 100 plus a bit more today. All walking, morning beach walks with my dog helped :-) As long as I get that walk in I can be pretty sure I'll get my 10,000 steps a day.
  • Tremellas
    Options
    Kaplat wrote: »
    Completed my 100 plus a bit more today. All walking, morning beach walks with my dog helped :-) As long as I get that walk in I can be pretty sure I'll get my 10,000 steps a day.

How lucky to live by the beach!!
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not quite beachfront, but just a 5 minute walk away and I am very lucky :-)
  • Tremellas
    Options
    Kaplat wrote: »
    Not quite beachfront, but just a 5 minute walk away and I am very lucky :-)

Are you in the US or the UK? or somewhere else?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Going to come up a little short. Estimate I will end with about 70 miles completed. Not bad considering I lost 8 days to Swimming lessons, Curling club and 6 days of Alpine Skiing with 4 travel days limited my high kilometer running/swimming days.