2»

Replies

• Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tremellas wrote: »
    Kaplat wrote: »
    Not quite beachfront, but just a 5 minute walk away and I am very lucky :-)

Are you in the US or the UK? or somewhere else?

I'm in New Zealand :)
  • Tremellas
    Tremellas Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Kaplat wrote: »

I'm in New Zealand :)

Whoa... visiting there is on my bucket list...
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did it and I'm proud of me. 106 so far and the days not over. Kudos to all of you who finished at the beginning of the month. Took me till the 28th, but that's ok, I mover much more everyday this month than in the past year and this challenge helped motivate me and that's what it's all about.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OK, final report! (Since it's Feb 1 for me now.)

Total of 212.8 miles if I count stationary bike and treadmill.

92 miles if I only count walking. (I'm not a runner.)

80 miles if I only count "serious walking" -- hiking, multi-hour walks around town, etc. (Not walking to the store.)

12 of the 92 "walking miles" are kind of cheating because it includes everyday walking -- like walking to the gym or a slightly long-ish walk to a store that isn't just two minutes away. I didn't count going around the corner for veggies or buying a light bulb or something, and almost all of my "everyday life" shopping is on foot, so I assume (and hope) it typically adds up to more than 12 miles a month ... it'd be interesting to know ... but anyway I counted 12 miles that way.

Cheating or not, if I'd done that calculation yesterday I'd have gone on an 8 mile walk to make a full 100 miles of walking in January!

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the amount. I was sick for a week and did absolutely nothing, so if I do my normal routine, I guess that's a lot of shoe leather. Or whatever they put in shoes these days. I'm definitely moving more than I was this time last year, so yay :smile:
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Final report from me too - 111.7 miles. Thanks for the support everyone, it certainly got me moving on days when I didn't feel like it :-)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Final report 76 miles - a combination of swimming, walking and running. Hoping to continue the group/spreadsheet into the rest of the year.
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Didn't quite make it this month. However, the challenge did get me walking more and I am back at the gym and the pool after a break, so feels like success to me. Are we carrying on in Feb?
  • Tremellas
    Tremellas Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Oh yay, just saw the new tab on the spreadsheet for Feb, I'll carry on then...
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    It's on.
    100 miles/160km a month in 2015
    Thanks to lexbubbles for adding the Tab and changing the name to indicate a year long challenge.