Wildly gained weight since being on Synthroid.

Options
Does anybody else have this problem? My blood work numbers have improved and are within normal ranges, so I can't really argue with the doctor about being on this medicine, but weight is a real struggle.

Replies

• elizzabethmarie
    elizzabethmarie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been on it for about as long as I've disliked my weight! I'm not 100% sure it caused the weight gain but I never thought about it. I know the hypothyroidism alone makes it sooo much harder to lose any weight.
  • makendsley
    Options
    I used to be on that medication and then she changed me on levo and I feel like I can't loose weight either. I just had more blood work done the other day so hopefully they find something.
  • TheNicholeLeigh
    Options
    I had much more success on Synthroid than Levo (Levo, as a generic, is sourced from the company who produces it at the lowest cost per month. This means you could be receiving a different variation made by a different company each month - stupid.) If neither works for you but your numbers are in "normal range," there are other options but you'll need to talk to an actual endocrinologist to discuss them.