Week 5 Day 3

Options
RS3khon
RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
I previewed the cardio 2 video and since it has a ton of jumping, I've decided to opt out this week and do elliptical (kindest to my knees) for my cardio workouts instead. I've been doing my hip, knees, and ankle stretches recommended to me by a doctor friend and I just won't risk any knee injuries so I'm going to let them rest/take it easy. I still feel guilty not doing it though! I'm a perfectionist and hate not being able to follow the workout as planned out. I'll see how I feel next week and maybe try it then.

Replies

• miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I found it less hard on my knees than Cardio 1 due to the lack of the 'running man'.
  • the_new_robin2013
    the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear! Is there maybe an alteration that can be made? ?
  • RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @miriams76 i really do hate that running man haha

@the_new_robin2013‌ when i watched the video, it was mostly jumping and high intensity moves, i'm sure it could be modified, but i just didn't even try, i opted out

my legs have been feeling a lot better though since I've modified the jumping moves in all of the videos, i think i'll try the cardio 2 video next week. id just rather be safe than sorry. knee pain is something i don't want to mess with!
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Done. Cross jacks were less than graceful. I'll admit my head wasn't really in it this morning. Plan to give it better effort on Saturday.
  • harieta
    harieta Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    At first I was a bit nervous about it - there is a little more jumping and yesterday I had some discomfort in my left knee. I started the cardio workout decided to stop at any sign of the discomfort coming back but it went alright and I was able to complete it!
    I tried fast butt-kicks for the first time. :) I was really pleased that I could do it!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I was too stiff and sore to do fast anything. Maybe by the end of Phase 2.
  • healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This was rough!! I made it through 2 1/2 rounds. I just could not keep up. I am pretty sore too so I don't know if that was a factor... but holy cow I was out of breath for most of this one!