Bullet Proof Coffee

Options

Replies

• sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just made a Mexican mocha version of bpc ... However I'm not entirely cure of how to incorporate this into my way of eating. Do you replace breakfast ( eggs and bacon) with bpc?

I have done that the past 10 days or so and have found I am not hungry until much later than any other day, even those when I had a high fat bfast.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Some times I just do not feel like eating at all. This is a good time for me to include the BPC in my WOE. If I am in a hurry to get out of the house in the morning is another good use. And some times I just have not had enough calories fat in my day so I might add a cup of BPC and I interchange it with tea or coffee. Both are good. Love it with Bengal Spice tea.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Delish..!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Just made a Mexican mocha version of bpc ... However I'm not entirely cure of how to incorporate this into my way of eating. Do you replace breakfast ( eggs and bacon) with bpc?

Some people use it as a meal replacement in the morning, on the theory that consuming fats only (no protein or carbs) prevents an insulin response, and this preserves some of the benefits of being in the "fasted" state. The caffeine and fats in the BPC help keep you from feeling hungry until later in the day, when you then eat solid food.
    That is one school of thought --- however a BPC is still ~300 calories, and so while it may have little affect on insulin, those calories still need to be dealt with, and some think that ingesting a large amount of calories breaks the fasted state regardless.

It's also used as a way to make coffee "creamy" for those who don't do milk or cream.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker and really don't care for tea. Could I use coco?
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    [uote="RATSMITH69;31133577"]I'm not a coffee drinker and really don't care for tea. Could co?
    [/quote]

I don't see why not, just make sure your cocoa base doesn't have a ton of carbs. coconut chocolate sounds good actually
  • SporkNBeans
    Options
    I loooove BPC

i even love to add one packet of the Kroger gelatine and some sugar free vanilla flavoring. Blend that sucker up and pour it into molds and set in the fridge for awhile.. then TADA i have Bullet Proof Gummies. they're a great lil snack to pull out and munch on when im getting a craving for sweeties.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I loooove BPC

i even love to add one packet of the Kroger gelatine and some sugar free vanilla flavoring. Blend that sucker up and pour it into molds and set in the fridge for awhile.. then TADA i have Bullet Proof Gummies. they're a great lil snack to pull out and munch on when im getting a craving for sweeties.

Hmmmm...this has me thinking about trying this w/ some SF fruit flavored jello (omitting coffee, of course). Another kind of fat bomb...
  • kirkor
    Options
    RATSMITH69 wrote: »
    I'm not a coffee drinker and really don't care for tea. Could I use coco?

Anything with carbs will spike insulin and negate the benefits of the fasted state in that respect.
    But it could potentially still be used as a meal replacement for overall caloric budgeting.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else drink BPC and not feel full? I've been doing Keto for about a year and 4 months (I did not stay on track every single day), however when I drink BPC it does not make me feel full at all. I've tried it with an extra tablespoon of butter or coconut oil, or even MTC oil and no difference. I wish it kept me full until noon!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    How much are you drinking? Fat only goes so far, the volume might help if you increased the coffee.

• Nicole9187
    Options
    10 oz coffee w/1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp kerry gold butter, 2 tbsp hwc
  • kirkor
    Options
    How many hours from BPC to lunch? I mean, the magic/hack/whatchamacalit of BPC is one thing, but the other thing is that you're still only talking 300 calories. There's only so far that can take you.
    I don't break fast 'til 1p but I do drink regular coffee, so from my perspective most of the appetite blunting effect of BPC is from the caffeine not the fats. I could see how the fat-only BPC could provide some benefits to people who are used to cereal and toast and juice and donuts ... hundreds and hundreds of carb carbs and no protein ... but still for a lot of people I think there's going to be some hunger.
  • Nicole9187
    Options
    I typically drink BPC on the way to work at about 6:45 am and by 8:30 or 9am I am hungry. Typically I just drink HWC w/my coffee because I seem to go the same amount of time and then have a snack in between. I've just heard so many people say that BPC will carry them through to lunch (my Fiance included he can go several hours before feeling hungry), I wish that was the case for me.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I loooove BPC

holy crap that sounds good. Can you give some rations on that? i.e., how much coffee?

Love your name. makes me snicker.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BPC works on those days when you do not feel hungry. It extends that 'morning not hungry feeling', it's warm, and caffeine is involved. it extends, for me, the morning not wanting to eat mood.

I don't have that mood every morning through, so for me, it only works on those days, and it's a nice treat.

Also i have a commercial emulsion blender-i think it really helps suspend the oil through out the coffee keeping it smooth...i don't get the same full feeling when i try just slapping some coconut oil in my regular coffee and stirring.

:smile: jen
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    JennyToy wrote: »
    BPC works on those days when you do not feel hungry. It extends that 'morning not hungry feeling', it's warm, and caffeine is involved. it extends, for me, the morning not wanting to eat mood.

I don't have that mood every morning through, so for me, it only works on those days, and it's a nice treat.

Also i have a commercial emulsion blender-i think it really helps suspend the oil through out the coffee keeping it smooth...i don't get the same full feeling when i try just slapping some coconut oil in my regular coffee and stirring.

:smile: jen

definately blending until creamy and frothy. few people i have tried to convince arent into it at all
  • kirkor
    Options
    few people i have tried to convince arent into it at all

Ya, I usually show it off as "check out this weirdo version of coffee I'm drinking" :)

• sweetteadrinker2
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    few people i have tried to convince arent into it at all

Ya, I usually show it off as "check out this weirdo version of coffee I'm drinking" :)

Same, it also looks super fancy in a glass mug, so much so that I could serve it to guests. Just skip telling them it has all that fat first
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Me too. I do half the oil and butter so I can have TWO cups for same macros.

Oh how brilliant! Why did I not think of that. Of course I also didn't realize you kinda need a blender to bring out all the heavenly goodness. What a difference a few seconds in the magic bullet make! Was so sad our hydro was out today and I couldn't make one. Coffee is just not the same without it.

I started to drink it to get my calories up. Now I've lost weight and my limits are much lower but I drink it because I love it. It is the one thing that is always figured into my macros first, then everything else. :smile: