Who you are and what's the goal?

Options
Hi All,

let's meet and greet- tell us about yourself :)

I'll start: I'm Dana, I'm from Canada, I own my own part-time home business that I'm looking to grow into a full-time business so I can be done with my office job, my current weight is *gulp* 176, my goal is to get in the 130-135 range, re-starting keto today and am looking forward to rocking the heck out of it steadily for the next 3 months and onward.

(Seriously- I have a tonne of cute/skinny clothes that I can't fit in to just sitting in my closet that I would LOVE to resurrect for spring/summer this year)

How about you?

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jess, a reformed carnivore. You can call me Bacon or Jay if there are too many Jessica's about.

Today was my 8 month ketoversary, and I've lost 76lb and I'm staying keto until I get to my goal, which is 26lb from now. I may even stay under 50g once I reach my goal, but right now I'm <20, as I have been since I started.

I'm a 36-yr-old, homeschooling mom of 4. Busy busy. And a little crazy. :wink:

KCKO, everyone.
  • sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Suzy, serial yo-yo'er; up and down 20-25 pounds-can lose but haven't found a WOE I can stick with. Mid 50's, part-timer, travel (ie-eat out) a lot. I've actually found this to be the easiest WOE for eating out. Currently 162; goal 145-I know I can get there, and hope this is the *One* that will help me stay there! Can we all open our diaries up to friends?
    I'm happy with the day I put together yesterday-so much better when I enter the plan in the morning, see what it looks like and modify/tweek to get to correct Macros.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Evening. Thanks for creating another Keto resource. I am new to Keto, 12 days in, and want to make this a lifestyle.

My name is Chena', mother of 5, wife to a superhero (in my eyes he is), and full time Occupational Therapy student. My current fitness goal it to weigh 172. I would love to reach that by my 32 b day in April. My current weight is 192-196 (depends on the day).

I am currently eating 30 carbs a day. Would like any help or suggestion.

Can you all please add me because I do not know how add people from groups.

Thank you all.

• hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey, my name is Lisa. I'm 25, almost 26, and I live in Colorado Springs but am originally from Michigan. I have been on keto for a total of 42 days including today and have lost 24 lbs so far. I started at around 275. My macros are set to 5/20/75 and I stay under 23g net carbs a day. I can totally see myself eating keto forever. May slightly up by carbs once I get to goal (145) but I'll never be eating wheat or starch again. Thought it would be really hard but it's actually a lot more sustainable than just cutting calories which I did for about 4 months a couple years back. I had lost about 35 lbs when I fell off that wagon and stopped logging and started binge eating a lot again. Very excited to have found this WOE!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello All. My name is Hillarie. You can call me Hill. I've been follow keto woe since jan.1. I'm down about 26 pounds so far. I am loving it. I am currently staying under 20 carbs a day though most days it's much less. I am a retail assistant manager so I deal with a fair bit of stress and long hours on a daily basis. I have 2 kids, almost 11 and 8. Married to my high school sweetheart for 15 1/2 years now. My ultimate goal is undecided as I have a hard time imaging myself being able to get down below 150. Currently 187ish shooting for 155 in the next 100 days. Looking forward to learning more from everyone!
  • LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Loretta I am 65 years old and from eastern Ky and have been married to the love of my life for 47 years. I have been on this woe for 20 days this time. I have lost 11 lbs. so far. I am doing 1,100 calories, 5% carbs, 20% protein, 75% fat and have stayed on it consistent. I weigh in on Mondays. I am having no trouble at all on this woe, but the weight just isn't coming off as fast as I want it to. I started out this time the day I hit the 200 mark, really should have started a long time ago. It would have really helped my health, I have COPD, high blood pressure and bad knees. But it seems I have been on a diet all my life, my weight has been a constant battle. I let everyone see my diary so if you see anything on there that shouldn't be...give me a yell out...keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • KarenEllerbe
    KarenEllerbe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Karen and I have been doing keto for 9 days now, and I have lost 8.6 lbs!! I'm loving it cuz there's no cravings, no hunger, no feeling like I'm starving...it's great!!! My macros r set at 5/20/75, and I keep my net carbs at about 17g or less with my total carbs never going over 20g. This has worked best for me as I've noticed on days when my total carbs r slightly higher, I have experienced a little craving for carbs. Kind of strange that way, but I just adjusted my meal plans accordingly, now everything is great. My current weight is 173.4 and my goal is to be down to 125 by Spring!!!

I'm 38 yrs old, married with a 5 yr old son! I need to lose this weight so I can keep up with him!!! Keto is a lifestyle change that I plan to continue with forever! It has changed my life!
  • Ruskinbarb
    Ruskinbarb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Barb and I want to get off this diet roller coaster. I've gained and lost the same 25 lbs for the past 25 years but this year I vow to embrace a lifestyle change that will last forever. I (re)started my journey January 1 and I've lost 5.4 lbs. I'm 55, 5'3" and would love to get down to 130. I'm an empty nester, work part time and travel a lot. I'm happy to have found support and inspiration from this group and I'm confident we can all meet our goals together.
  • aggie2145
    aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren and I am proof that CiCo does not work for everyone. I lost 20 pounds a year ago on Keto and gained it all back (and then some) on a very strict 250 calorie per day deficit. I went back to my tried and true keto diet and use this site for macros - not necessarily calories. Feel free to look through my diary, but please know that I do not log leafy or non-starchy vegetables...I promise I eat them!
  • madsheena1
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm Deborah from Australia. I have been eating low carb for awhile now. Seems I'm either slowly healing internally. Or I'm doing this wrong. No weight loss
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Conan from Australia

I am a homeschooling mom of 9 and want to go from the excuses mom (but I have had kids) to not looking like I have had any. I want to inspire other moms and show them that we can do it and that being overweight isn't normal after kids.

I want to be a better wife, an awesome mom and a better woman overall
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Wisconsin.

I have used low carb in the past to lose a lot of weight (and maintained it for the most part) but then I got pregnant with my almost 3 year old son. I gained alot during pregnancy and trying to refind the commitment to lose weight and keep it off. I found MFP in Jan 2013 and its been a roller coaster ever since trying to eat more low cal, then low carb, then nothing, then more excuses...blah blah blah. Low carb is the only way I am able to stick long term and not be so hungry. From MFP I learned about keto and it seems a good WOE for me right now.

3 months from now is when my annual HRA is for my employer and I want to be at least at the weight I was when I had it 3 years ago when I was 6 months pregnant (how pathetic is that?! I guess we have to start somewhere).
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I am Kelly from Connecticut. I am a wife and mother of three ranging in ages from 20-5. I work outside my home full time and have a desk job sitting on my expanding backside 8 hrs a day. Over the last year and a half I managed to lose 40 lbs. counting calories and working out 5 days a week. Then Summer came and life with the kids got busy and i gained 17 lbs. back and my diet went out the window big time. I am on day 7 of KETO and have lost 5.5 lbs. so far (water weight I'm sure). I am currently 192 lbs. and I am 5'3". I need all the motivation, support and help I can get with my new lifestyle. I am keeping the carbs below 20g a day. I am trying to stay 5/20/75 but that is not always working out for me.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Melis, from New Mexico. I'm 42 and my first weight goal is to lose 60 lbs. After that I'll re-evaluate and see where I go from there. I'm a single momma of two teenage girls, working full time as a communications director and webmaster. I am also a foodie, and I love to cook (pinterest recipes here: https://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleoprimalketo/).

I've been doing keto for 30 days now and am loving it. I've lost 7 lbs. so far- but I have seen a HUGE difference in my body in terms of losing bloat, and having more energy. My ratios are 5% carbs (around 20 grams) 20% protein (76 grams) and 75% fat(127 grams) and I average about 1520 calories a day. My goal isn't to be skinny or even thin- just fit and healthy.

Really glad to meet you all- and I'd love new keto friends, so please add me. :)
  • SporkNBeans
    Options
    Hey there Keto Buddies. I am Lucy from Indiana.

I currently weigh 232 Lbs and i am 5'0. my goal weight is 120 .
    I've been on MFP for awhile now but haven't really buckled down and kept to it.
    i intend that to change now. i have been doing Keto for 4 days now. i like many of you am trying to stay under 20 carbs a day. so far so good since i love fat and meat. yum.

I have done this diet before and it worked very well for me many years ago. but after years of living in Asia the weight really came back. too much rice whoops.

really glad to be apart of the group.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Jess, a reformed carnivore. You can call me Bacon or Jay if there are too many Jessica's about.

Today was my 8 month ketoversary, and I've lost 76lb and I'm staying keto until I get to my goal, which is 26lb from now. I may even stay under 50g once I reach my goal, but right now I'm <20, as I have been since I started.

KCKO, everyone.

Thank you, autocorrect. SMH.
    Reformed CARBIVORE. I am indeed an unabashed carnivore. Sigh...
  • transformationofsoul
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

KCKO, everyone.

Happy Ketoversary! and just wow! 76 lbs is amazing!! I only lost 25 lbs in 6 months :\ Fell off the wagon during the holidays and packed on 10 lbs but I ate good (I ain't going to lie) I started back on keto on the 19th of January so todays marks day 14 for me. Any tips on how you managed to lose so much weight? :smile:
  • transformationofsoul
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Melis, from New Mexico. I'm 42 and my first weight goal is to lose 60 lbs. After that I'll re-evaluate and see where I go from there. I'm a single momma of two teenage girls, working full time as a communications director and webmaster. I am also a foodie, and I love to cook (pinterest recipes here: https://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleoprimalketo/).

I've been doing keto for 30 days now and am loving it. I've lost 7 lbs. so far- but I have seen a HUGE difference in my body in terms of losing bloat, and having more energy. My ratios are 5% carbs (around 20 grams) 20% protein (76 grams) and 75% fat(127 grams) and I average about 1520 calories a day. My goal isn't to be skinny or even thin- just fit and healthy.

Really glad to meet you all- and I'd love new keto friends, so please add me. :)

Welcome! Can't wait to check out your recipes .. I've become quite the cook on Keto, too. Way to go and best of luck!
  • transformationofsoul
    Options
    krichard08 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone - I am Kelly from Connecticut. I am a wife and mother of three ranging in ages from 20-5. I work outside my home full time and have a desk job sitting on my expanding backside 8 hrs a day. Over the last year and a half I managed to lose 40 lbs. counting calories and working out 5 days a week. Then Summer came and life with the kids got busy and i gained 17 lbs. back and my diet went out the window big time. I am on day 7 of KETO and have lost 5.5 lbs. so far (water weight I'm sure). I am currently 192 lbs. and I am 5'3". I need all the motivation, support and help I can get with my new lifestyle. I am keeping the carbs below 20g a day. I am trying to stay 5/20/75 but that is not always working out for me.

Hi Kelly from Connecticut ... girl, you got this! When I first started I found "keeping it simple" was the best way to go. I didn't even track for the first 6 months but now I am :smile: Best of luck!
  • transformationofsoul
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Wisconsin.

I have used low carb in the past to lose a lot of weight (and maintained it for the most part) but then I got pregnant with my almost 3 year old son. I gained alot during pregnancy and trying to refind the commitment to lose weight and keep it off. I found MFP in Jan 2013 and its been a roller coaster ever since trying to eat more low cal, then low carb, then nothing, then more excuses...blah blah blah. Low carb is the only way I am able to stick long term and not be so hungry. From MFP I learned about keto and it seems a good WOE for me right now.

3 months from now is when my annual HRA is for my employer and I want to be at least at the weight I was when I had it 3 years ago when I was 6 months pregnant (how pathetic is that?! I guess we have to start somewhere).

Your goals aren't pathetic .. you can do this! You got a whole team of keto-er's cheering you on :smile: