January Successes!

Options
Here's a thread to reflect on everything you did right last month!

I....
- Lost 5.5 lbs
- Did a 1 min 20 sec plank
- Started taking my thyroid medication again
- Drank less soda
- Ate out less and less throughout the month
- Tried new work outs

I really thought I'd lose more in January but... I'm 2 lbs away from never seeing the 270s again and that's pretty cool.

My goal for February is another 5 lbs!

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    January; I knew I needed to get serious about my diet, but really was not too motivated. Until the middle of the month, I realized that doing something half way is really more miserable.

I started back at the gym, and have done 3x a week. I have stopped eating bread and pasta. My goals are to increase protein and reduce carbs. I have stopped nighttime snacks, and no eating out at all. I take a large cooler with me each morning, packed with healthy food.

Lost seven pounds in January.

Goals for February:

1. Increase the gym.
    2. Yoga on Sundays
    3. Workout in the morning
    4. Reduce fat, increase protein
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    January: I started on my LCD, and haven't cheated yet. I started doing small increments of strength training. I've logged my food (since my diet). Found a great group to help with support.

February Goals:
    Keep logging
    Walking 3x/week
    Lose 10 lbs
    Wear my Fitbit daily - and not eat the extra calories

• natalie8313
    natalie8313 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My only January success was that I made the decision to get back to MFP and watching what I was eating on January 27th. :D

February goals:
    C25K
    Lose 10 lbs
    Make it to the gym at minimum 3x per week
  • niclan13
    niclan13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    in january i lost 10lbs and logged into MFP consistently since January 5th :) i do hope in february to keep eating healthy with less cheats lol
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    February Goals:
    Walk at least 7,500 steps a day in regular activity
    Trail walk 20 minute miles 3x weekly - increasing length of trails/time as the month progresses
    Do exercise video 3x weekly
  • Marylandry89
    Marylandry89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So I'm pretty stinkin proud of myself so far this year! For the month of January I lost exactly 23 lbs! In fact over the weekend I was visiting a friend that just had a baby so I was eating whatever they ate, I just tried to watch my portions.... I thought for sure that I had either gained some back or at best, maintained. I was so happy when I found out that I had lost 2.7 just over the weekend! Lol

I'm so ready to kick February's butt! :smiley:
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    6.6lbs GONE! Never to be heard from again!
    Spent a full hour on the elliptical for the first time!
    Began yoga!

February is going to be even more exciting!
    Congratulations to everyone else on their victories!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    January has been good to me. Down 10lbs and feeling so much better already. I'm getting into a good routine and things are becoming habit (drinking water, logging every bite and planning ahead). I'm feeling motivated by all of you! Thanks