low calorie/ low carb

Options
genghis54
genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
Hello. I am doing induction (atkins) 20gs carbs and trying to keep to 1200 cals per day plus 45 mins walking 3.5 mph, per day , has anybody else tried this and if so how did you do, many thanks, lesley

Replies

• jacob1462
    jacob1462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    20g or less of carbs, 1500 calories, 1 hour of walking 3x a week at 3.0 mph. I've been at it 13 days and have lost 4.5 lbs. M/34/235lbs. I felt so lethargic the first 5-6 days that it was ridiculous...but now that i'm used to the diet i feel much better. good luck!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started 9/17, not Atkins though. Carbs under 20g daily, low calories, 10k steps daily. I lost 8 lbs my first week and consistently 2-3 weekly for the next 2 months, now slowing down to under 2 lbs weekly. I've lost 45ish lbs and feel awesome! I didn't feel too bad in week 1, just a headache the first day. I drink 0.5 liter of Smart Water daily for electrolytes, which I think helps. I take a multi, calcium, and fish oil daily. You can do it!
  • LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been on this low carb 20 and under for 20 days today. I've lost 11 lbs so far. I weigh in Monday mornings and am pretty nervous about tomorrow even though I've been right on within the limits. But it's working I can feel it!
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there, trying to keep my carbs ( total) below 30, low protein and ridiculously high fat! I'm on day 31 and down 12lbs. No exercise yet, except chasing kids. I hope to add in walking this month. Seems to be working so keep it up !
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you all, it can and will be done!!!!!!!! and thank you LorettaB1967 for being my friend, we shall do it together