Encourage Along! A group within our group!

Options
13»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Eating out is a challenge. It sometimes helps to look at the week's calorie limit when eating out even once, rather than each day separately. That way, you can "make up" the overcalories of eating out by "pinching" a few each of the other days so that the weekly limit is reached. It takes the mental stress from eating out occasionally.

I had a really good outdoor run today. I got home & the sun was still shining, so I quickly laced on my shoes and took off. I had to buy milk (pinned money into my pocket), ran along the river & through some warehouses before it got dusky. By that time, I was back on a well-used road with sidewalks. Stopped at the store about 1/2 kilometer from home, got milk, walked home. Got there in dark dusk.
    It was a good way to end the day.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Practiced some tai-chi tonight. Took it slow and tried to really concentrate on moving correctly. I need to do that more often. Slowing it down makes it harder to do but easier to find one's balance.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Went out for a run this morning: 6.5K in 53:45. It was foggy and damp but the coolness felt really good and kept me from overheating. Those are the best runs.

How's everyone doing? It's been rather quiet lately. I find this a hard time of year to get out and do things. My body & mind just want to hibernate.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Chr1ssyH0ys Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    It's summer time here in New Zealand.....
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Hi Chrissy!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Hi Paytra!
    Haha to my last comment, cause just tried to go for a walk which was cut decidedly short due to getting caught in a downpour! Warm rain so quite enjoyably fun.
    "Some people feel the rain, others just get wet" ☔️
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in! Bitter cold (-30C) temps have curtailed my riding but I've been getting on the treadmill and going to Yoga. Out of town for 2 days this week on business and I think I'm going to pack a couple of lunches instead of eating out.

Welcome, Chrissy!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome, I'm looking forward to hanging with you all.
    Gosh minus 30 degs, where in the world are you!?
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Brrr......that is colder than cold, Nancy! Keep as warm as you can. Good idea to pack a couple of lunches.
    I practiced some tai-chi last night. I'm starting to get my mojo back for the practicing. I've been cutting them short or skipping them but this past week, I'm back at it in a strong manner.
    I'm planning on running after work. If the weather holds, I'll try to run outdoors but rain is predicted.

Chrissy, how are you doing today?
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Chrissy, I'm in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. It was -38C with the windchill this morning. Hard to do anything at all outside in those temps. On a positive note, I'm eating a healthy beef stew for lunch my husband made on the weekend. Warm and filling - it's perfect for this weather.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Cooler here today, 24 degs c
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Minus 4 here with snow due too! Brrr. (Scotland)
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I'm from Erie, PA and we have lots of snow and more on the way. It's not so cold right now...28. Did the elliptical on the weight loss hill setting on level 6. Works up a great sweat. Makes me very hungry as the day goes on. Trying to eat lots of protein to take care of the hunger. Hope it works.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Packing up to go camping for 4 days, now to take my NutriBullet or not!?
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like this group in a group if anyone is still watching! I'm in the California desert and I've been walking over 10,000 steps per day. Down 8 pounds in a little over 6 weeks so on the right track. Trying to work up the gumption to lift weights again.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Certainly not a busy group!
    Didn't take my NutriBullet camping, been back two weeks and haven't yet got back on track......here's to this week!!