What are your carb, protein, fat 'goals' for losing weight ?

Options
fantasticelastic
fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Ok time to get serious. I've lost 6lb..but have been the same weight for last 3 weeks !! I've been keeping to around 50g carb..but going to go to 20g now to try and get the weight loss going.
You would think the weight would be falling off..no such luck ! Iv gone from eating everything Iv wanted...bread, pasta, boxes of roses etc to keeping to around 50g a day..and NO WEIGHT LOSS . Now I have been drinking beer at the weekend..but still..surely somthing would be coming off ?????

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've only been LCHF for 11 days so am not the best person to answer your question - just wanted to give you encouragement really.

My daily goals have been 30-40g Carb / 100-130g Fat / 70-74g Protein. I'm not measuring anything else.

I'm female, 58, over-weight, because of course that has a bearing on results too.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    How much beer, and are you logging it? I'm at 5/75/25%ish, but it doesn't matter what your macros are if you're not eating at a deficit. Been doing this for 15 years for medical reasons. I lose when my calories are below maintenance, I gain when they're above it, just like anyone else.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My 1500 calorie in take according to Keto Calculator is supposed to be very hard 35% deficit and to try 20% if this is too hard. What is hard about this is I was used to being 1000 to 1300 calories a day for years and years. I have more trouble eating even 1400 calories. Staying under my 20 grams of carbs or less is not a problem. My food diary is open I think Any suggestions? Yesterday my body was just crying for meat and I went a few grams over my usual protein. I can not figure why I am not losing. At least three weeks since I have lost anything. Every morning always the same.

I find it interesting so many of us are stalled right now. Is it the weather?
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just watch carbs - goal is under 20g daily. I don't worry about the makeup of the remaining intake. Just have to keep calories under my BMR, so usually under 1400.
  • transformationofsoul
    Options
    My ratios are 5% carbs, 20% protein & 75% fat. I try to limit my cheese intake (I'm a cheese addict) and do BPC in the mornings to help with my fat intake. What I struggle the most with is going over on my protein.
  • nsoss
    nsoss Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My ratios are 5% carbs, 20% protein & 75% fat. I try to limit my cheese intake (I'm a cheese addict) and do BPC in the mornings to help with my fat intake. What I struggle the most with is going over on my protein.

I'm exactly the same.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ok time to get serious. I've lost 6lb..but have been the same weight for last 3 weeks !! I've been keeping to around 50g carb..but going to go to 20g now to try and get the weight loss going.
    You would think the weight would be falling off..no such luck ! Iv gone from eating everything Iv wanted...bread, pasta, boxes of roses etc to keeping to around 50g a day..and NO WEIGHT LOSS . Now I have been drinking beer at the weekend..but still..surely somthing would be coming off ?????

What's your average weekly deficit?

• Ashhhbashhhh
    Ashhhbashhhh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the low carb diet for about 30 days now and I had lost 7 pounds the first two weeks then all the sudden a week went by and no more pounds came off. I was really upset so I just started exercising more and I went to GNC and got a cleansing pill because I did not start off my diet with a cleanse then I got back to losing weight. I try not to eat more than 50 grams of carbs a day which a usually just veggies and I never go over 1500 calories. It is hard but just stay motivated and up your work outs!
  • nsoss
    nsoss Posts: 34 Member
    Options

What is your water intake like? I don't see it on your log. Also is your food log complete? All it shows for last Sunday is Tesco - Bombay Mix, 100 g.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I try to do the atkins 20 carbs; protein around 100 and really don't worry about fat but I think I am fine there and keep my calories around 1200. I eat plenty of good green veggies and try to keep my processed foods down to a bare minimum. I can't even't think of the last processed thing I did eat. I had some king cake today at work -- first thing like that I've had in quite some time! I am insulin-resistant and cannot lose without keeping my carbs low. I've lost 11 pounds since Dec. 6th. My bf has lost 20.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The initial weight is usually has a bit of water weight attached to it. Now that you've lost the water weight, it's time for the fat. However, this takes longer. Also, beer has carbs in it. Was it logged as part of your 50g or 20g? Alcohol also slows your metabolism for a couple days. Your body has to process the alcohol before it processes food, so this could contribute to the stall.
  • cathy120861
    cathy120861 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been on the low carb diet for about 30 days now and I had lost 7 pounds the first two weeks then all the sudden a week went by and no more pounds came off. I was really upset so I just started exercising more and I went to GNC and got a cleansing pill because I did not start off my diet with a cleanse then I got back to losing weight. I try not to eat more than 50 grams of carbs a day which a usually just veggies and I never go over 1500 calories. It is hard but just stay motivated and up your work outs!

I had such a similar experience: went low carb, lost a whole bunch of weight the first week, then almost nothing for two weeks. over the weekend, I cut my carbs more and increased my cardio. and, hey presto, i am back to losing weight.

i am actually not dealing so much with carbs, as with net carbs (carbs minus fiber). I started at 50 net carbs, and have been cutting down every week. Now, i am at 25 net carbs. Even with the reductions, it has actually been getting easier for me. As so many more experienced low carbers promised me, the craving really goes away.