Lose 10 by St. Patrick's day anyone?

Options
Hi everyone! I've been trying to lose the last 10-13 pounds for long enough now, and I'd like to finally finish! My goal is to be where I want to be (117-120) by St. Patrick's day. That's 6 1/2 weeks of hard work and no cheating! Anyone else interested in keeping each other accountable for this mini challenge? :)

Replies

• nicolapearson7355
    Options
    Heya that sounds like a good time frame. I really want to lose the pounds too but my motivations been low as on New Year's Day I got injured and I'm unable to run at all now. It is so frustrating as I was a 37 minute 10k but can't even run a few yards. I'm feeling because I can't run it's almost impossible for me to lose the weight I've been putting on. Any tips on what would help I'm 11.3 the now but I want to get down to 10 I'm 5"8.

Nicola :smiley:
  • MrsLegolas
    MrsLegolas Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your injury! :/ I can relate to being unable to run because of injuries. That is hard. :( You can still lose weight though! My motivation has also been down since New Year's, I think partly because I've been stuck in a rut so long. Something you could try is searching the Internet for exercises you can safely do for your particular injury. That's always helpful because there's always someone else who has been in your shoes before. Also, if you are able, walking can burn a lot if you do a lot of it. :) My mom and I have done a lot of that - up to six miles in one sitting (but not sitting;)).
    I hope you have lots of success! Maybe we can encourage each other till we're done! Cause I'd really like to be done losing and ready to start maintaining. :)
  • spicytunarolls7389
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm in!!! My GW is also 115-120lbs :) I've been an on-again off-again MFP user... this will keep me accountable :) !!
  • nlo_
    nlo_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! Absolutely. I need the accountability!
  • Samma6652
    Samma6652 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to the community although i have been on MFP for a while now. I am 5'10 and *sigh* 180 lbs. My goal weight for what feels like forever is 150. I weighed 130 in high school by hated how i looked, i felt like a boy. I have been dieting also forever. I just turned 27 and i am hoping to lose some weight. Rome wasn't built in a day but i find that i get frustrated when the scale doesn't budge. I work out but i guess that isn't enough. I hope this group and this challenge will help! Good luck :)
  • MrsLegolas
    Options
    Yay! We can do this!
  • rachelsomer
    rachelsomer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so up for this. I seem to use MFP for a month at a time and then loose interest when I get near my target weight. I'm about 20 pounds away from my goal weight just now and can't budge from my current weight despite newly getting into exercise.

I've just discovered the 'community' aspect of this app... Do we get notifications when people message this group?
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!
  • becam01
    becam01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Samma6652 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new to the community although i have been on MFP for a while now. I am 5'10 and *sigh* 180 lbs. My goal weight for what feels like forever is 150. I weighed 130 in high school by hated how i looked, i felt like a boy. I have been dieting also forever. I just turned 27 and i am hoping to lose some weight. Rome wasn't built in a day but i find that i get frustrated when the scale doesn't budge. I work out but i guess that isn't enough. I hope this group and this challenge will help! Good luck :)

I'm 5'9 and 167, trying to go back to 150 as well!! We can do this :)
  • Samma6652
    Samma6652 Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

The more support the better :) positive energy ladies :)
  • sunheechung
    sunheechung Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hey guys! that sounds GREAT! i just gave birth 1 month ago! so its hard trying to workout! i just discovered groups and community so its so exciting! hope we can all stay motivated and help one another reach their goals!!!!
  • sunheechung
    sunheechung Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im 155lb! want to be 120-130 range! 5'6!
  • emmadavies127
    emmadavies127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MrsLegolas wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been trying to lose the last 10-13 pounds for long enough now, and I'd like to finally finish! My goal is to be where I want to be (117-120) by St. Patrick's day. That's 6 1/2 weeks of hard work and no cheating! Anyone else interested in keeping each other accountable for this mini challenge? :)
    I want to loose 8lb for my hols in 6 week! Is this achievable?
  • sarah230283
    Options
    I'm in!! I'll be updating weight tomorrow and sticking religiously to my calories! Please follow me guys and I'll do the same for you; we can do this, I just need the chuffing motivation
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Still got about 20 lbs to end goal, but 10 lbs by St. Patty's day is an (aggressive but) achievable goal. 143 now, want to be 120-125. I'm going to a festival the weekend right after it, so I'd like to look my best!
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am so up for this. I seem to use MFP for a month at a time and then loose interest when I get near my target weight. I'm about 20 pounds away from my goal weight just now and can't budge from my current weight despite newly getting into exercise.

I've just discovered the 'community' aspect of this app... Do we get notifications when people message this group?

If you "Bookmark" the conversation at the top (the little star) then you'll get notifications when people post here.
  • MrsLegolas
    Options

It absolutely is! And I agree with Samma6652: Positive energy! ;)

• aprilacee
    aprilacee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to loose 10 lbs and just thought of doing the whole 30 thing... anyone have experience with that? I just turned 37 and it seems a lot harder now!'
  • emmadavies127
    emmadavies127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MrsLegolas wrote: »

It absolutely is! And I agree with Samma6652: Positive energy! ;)

Boom!! I'm ready!! Excited to be beach body fit!
  • dmoeller2
    dmoeller2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Samma6652 wrote: »

I'm also 5' 10" and weigh 185. I'm pretty new to MFP, so I think 10 lbs by St Patrick's Day is a great start!