Favorite Anime

Options

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awesome pic :D a group cosplay for Angel Beats would be nice..
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cowboy Bebop, Inu Yasha, Ranma 1/2, and Dragon Ball Z have always been my favorites.

Currently I am watching Attack on Titan, Parasyte and Death Parade.

Parasyte is sooo good and it follows the manga pretty straight as well.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Favorite Anime - Gurren Lagann

Yours is the cupcake that will pierce the heavens!

IMG_12471766299316.jpeg

• pan71cp
    Options
    Anything Studio Ghibli
  • phoenixiam
    phoenixiam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know it is juvenile but I like naruto. My grandson got me hooked on it and he no longer watches it. My husband is a big anime fan and could give you a long list!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    KimWW wrote: »
    I am glad someone finally mentioned Black Butler. I was starting to feel all alone in my fan-love.

Also among my favorites are Death Note, Madoka Magica, Trigun, Spirited Away, and Ponyo.

I usually watch dubbed because I am almost always multitasking on my computer and my eyes are elsewhere.

I've been a silent observer on this thread because Black Butler is the only series I've gotten into and watched all the way through.
  • allendstephenson
    Options
    I tend to be a harem fan. Love Hina, Seikerei,and such. I love Vampire+Roasrio and High School DxD (3rd season on the way :D ).

Just finished watching Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

SAO and SAOII were good but II felt incomplete somehow. I hope the LN author writes a third novel to close up some of the story incompletes.

I liked Black Butler but it always ended up tripping up my depression. Same with Death Note.

Have several others I am watching now. (yay, Hulu+)
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cant name one. Have a good long "favorites" list though:

Bebop
    Champloo
    Evangelion
    Last Exile
    Princess Mononoke
    Howls Movine castle
    Fruits Basket
    Spirited Away
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Elfen Lied
    Trigun
    Full Metal Panic
    Death Note
    Toradora
    Haruhi Suzymia
    Mushi-shi
    Welcome to the NHK
    Chobits
    Paranoia Agent
    Ninja Scroll
    Ouran High School Host Club
    FLCL

Been looking for something new and worthwhile to watch I feel like there was a dry spell there for a while until I saw Madoka Magica. That's probably one of the best shows I've watched in a loooong while. I was not really a fan of Attack on Titian (though I love the giants and I think they are badass freaky.)
  • mthompso101
    mthompso101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here are some that I can watch over and over again. :)

Trigun
    Fruits Basket
    Ouran High School Host Club
    The Vision of Escaflowne
    Trinity Blood
    Sailor Moon
    Library Wars
    Nodame Cantabile
    Skip Beat
    Ghost Hunt
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ghost in the Shell. That is what started it for me. I love Attack on Titan, Trigun, Hellsing, and Claymore. I have a Roku so I've been watching anime on Crunchy Roll but that interface is hard to get around. Hulu does have some good anime as well but again it's not always easy to find it.
  • phoenixiam
    phoenixiam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is RahXephon. It is old - from 2002 and has 26 episodes, but well worth the watch if you can find it.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I kind of left anime behind in high school (not saying that it is just for teenagers), but I still rewatch:

Hellsing (and Ultimate)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)

Love those three to death.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Currently watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. Gonna run out of episodes soon though :(
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I just binge watched Silver Spoon. I really didn't expect it to be that good.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    So many good animes I missed out on due to access over the years, a lot of good ones get ignored by tv channels. For sure my favs are Ghost in the shell: Standalone complex, the early macross stuff, appleseed, Sword art online is pretty good, and the older Lupin III episodes.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    So many good animes I missed out on due to access over the years, a lot of good ones get ignored by tv channels. For sure my favs are Ghost in the shell: Standalone complex, the early macross stuff, appleseed, Sword art online is pretty good, and the older Lupin III episodes.

you can watch a lot of anime (legally) for free through crunchyroll.com. It's with ads, but their subscription price is pretty low. Saves you having to worry about tv getting it. I know funimation is meant to be a good streaming service, but we don't have access to it in Aus.
  • RougeSara
    RougeSara Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chobits, Vampire hunter D, Akira. =)
  • Kwizzic
    Kwizzic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely Mushishi is my favorite. Also fond of Baccano!, Angel Beats, Haruhi Suzumiya, Natsume Yujinchou and most long-running shonen anime.
  • KelseyLyn91
    KelseyLyn91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh.....um, FMA was my first so it will always be a favourite. But some of my other favourites are FairyTale, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Black Butler, Sword Art Online....the list goes on! My favourite movie by far is Howl's Moving Castle :smile:
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Outlaw Star was probably my favorite series...

Other considerations:

Chobits
    Galaxy Express 999
    Attack on Titan
    Princess Mononoke
    Vampire Hunter D
    Ninja Scroll
    Death Note