Daily check in thread - all welcome!

Options

Replies

• bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey Chrissy, I try to check in regularly but don't often post, perhaps we need to get some discussion topics going? Maybe some one could asks a couple of questions each week?
    -What do you find hard to resist? (anything goes)
    -fav work out song at the moment?
    -waitangi day plans?
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Chr1ssyH0ys Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridgie, great idea!
    I'm doing feb fast so feeling decided sober, always hard to resist wine!
    I tend not to workout to music, walk with hubby it's our together time.
    Going camping for weekend, be our last chance before the night times get too cool and my work gets busy and high pressure for end of financial year.
    Your turn?
    Anyone else?
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Foodwise peanut butter's got a pretty strong hold on me, I work with 5-13yr olds so puppy dog eyes when they want something is pretty dam hard to resist.
    Music currently enjoying timber-pitbull, shake it off-Taylor swift and all about that bass but I get bored pretty quickly and tend to go back to old favs like green day, violent femmes & off spring.
    I haven't got plans only found out it was a holiday today, kinda feels like I should do something worthwhile, camping sounds good not sure if any of my folk would be keen tho lol.

Nice that you get to enjoy your walks with someone, where abouts in nz are you?
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    I'm in Palmerston North, MANAWATU.
    I must be much much older as I don't recognise any of your music lol!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    bridgieNZ wrote: »
    Foodwise peanut butter's got a pretty strong hold on me, I work with 5-13yr olds so puppy dog eyes when they want something is pretty dam hard to resist.
    Music currently enjoying timber-pitbull, shake it off-Taylor swift and all about that bass but I get bored pretty quickly and tend to go back to old favs like green day, violent femmes & off spring.
    I haven't got plans only found out it was a holiday today, kinda feels like I should do something worthwhile, camping sounds good not sure if any of my folk would be keen tho lol.

Nice that you get to enjoy your walks with someone, where abouts in nz are you?

• Michelledownunder
    Michelledownunder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My primary exercise is cycling with the occasional bit of scuba thrown in. Obviously music and scuba doesn't work, and I prefer to be able to hear the traffic while I'm cycling. Hard to resist? That's hard, there's so much; wine, ice cream, the peanut slice at my local cafe... The list goes on.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Hi, checking in for today.
    Had some good nutritious food today, still under calorie count and still need to do a walk for the day.
    Busy day at work, not too much walking though mainly spent in office!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hi all

No plans for the long weekend here just yet. Hoping for some nice weather!
  • bridgieNZ
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've had a shocking day eating wise. I decided after netball I would go to the super and get some good choices, left the super market pleased with everything I purchased. Got home and family had brought me fish and chips of course I could say no thanks, ha ha but really that'll happen. I lost 20kg over a year ago and then just sort of tinkered I haven't really gained but I've lost my resolve. I was so on this for so long But now I can't seem to get it together.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    You have kept most of it off though Bridgie?
    Well done for that, I read somewhere yesterday sometimes a good idea to set a weekly calorie goal so you can make up for a big eating day later on.
    Fish and Chips........c'mon, resistance is futile!!
    Don't beat yourself up, just back on track tomorrow!!
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy that's the plan, might just get back In the habit of logging everyday and trying to add in whenever exercise when I can
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Ate decidely silly and odd today, including 2 home made cheese scones!
    Logged all food (and 2 gins) and with half an hour of exercise logged, I was 167 cals over budget!!
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Cheese scones are the best! 167 overs not to bad and if you on track the rest of the week you'll likely to still have a weekly deficit. I didn't exercise yesterday :\ but spent the day crawling about in the roof laying insulation so not completely lazy but I really wanted to get back in to the habit of going to the gym. PS if anyone ever says lets do it ourselves to save money say NOOOOOOOOOO! its ahorrible job and itchy stuff. Hope ecery one has a wonderful day today :)
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Busy day at work, camping from tomorrow. Will post photos!
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    bridgieNZ wrote: »
    Cheese scones are the best! 167 overs not to bad and if you on track the rest of the week you'll likely to still have a weekly deficit. I didn't exercise yesterday :\ but spent the day crawling about in the roof laying insulation so not completely lazy but I really wanted to get back in to the habit of going to the gym. PS if anyone ever says lets do it ourselves to save money say NOOOOOOOOOO! its ahorrible job and itchy stuff. Hope ecery one has a wonderful day today :)

• caj45
    caj45 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bridgieNZ I am in the same boat...I lost 30kg, starting from Nov 2013 and Christmas happened and I have gained about 3 to 4 kgs. I am having a bit of trouble getting my head space back into that determination again, something will click again very soon I hope, if not then I'll make it click!
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Good on you caj excellent determination. I've just sorted floated for the last year, I'd really like to lose another's 20 I'm not sure how to get back to the head space I had a year ago
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Heya guys, hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend :)
  • caj45
    caj45 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    checking in....having a better day eating wise, still room for improvement though.
  • Chr1ssyH0ys
    Options
    Everything went completely haywire on my camping trip, home now and back on track but I don't dare go anywhere near my scales for at least a week!!