Does this even work?!?! What are your results??

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Do you workout on fast days??

On Tuesday ( my last fast day), I surprisingly felt energized and did a 30 minute video.
    Yes - lots!
    At first it was hard but over time you do adjust and now fasted exercise feels just the same as exercise when fed.

• catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lost 1kg in 5 weeks. From 71 down to 70.
    6kgs to go to get to pre-babies weight, then another 4 to reach my "I like myself" weight.

I lack discipline and love chocolate - but only 2 boxes of the Christmas choccies left - I'm easy to buy for:)! Things might start speeding up then!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and currently weigh 161lbs. Using 5:2 last year by the summer, I got down to 151lbs which was my lowest, and my ultimate goal is 140. I put a LOT of weight on when we bought our first house (an investment job) so we spent our days working and evenings eating takeaways. I went right back up to 170lbs from September to January. We're now very settled and I'm able to cook (thank god!) so I'm very much back on it, with a 9lb loss in 5 weeks and on my 10th fast today. I would like to reach 150 by April, however recently I have found I have some sort of illness/condition which is yet to be diagnosed. This is causing me to continuously bloat, have various aches and pains in my lower abdomen and lower back - but is nothing to do with 5:2. I'm going for tests at the Doctors tomorrow. This WOL is the only thing that works for me, and helps my relationship with food. I would ideally like to reach goal by the end of the year, however I'm happy if it's slow - as long as it's going in the right direction.

Have you been tested for Celiac Disease? These were my symptoms too. I went undiagnosed for years.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    5'7" 51 years old
    Start weight March 2013 195
    Current weight 155
    Goal weight for pure happiness 143
    Ultimate goal for pure greed 135
    This is the ONLY thing that worked for me. I am a nutritionist, I have done everything but get real and this has been my savior!!!
    it took 6 months to lose 40 pounds. I have gone up and down only 5 pounds since. that is great results in keeping it off.
  • Revcminor
    Options
    I started this on January 8 and I've already lost 12 pounds (five weeks - 12 pounds!). I'm 5'2", weigh 160 (started at 172). My goal is 132.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hellz ya it works.
    Started (2nd time ) jan 1st and lost 8.5 lbs last month.
    Hoping for 6 lbs in Feb. Then I can ring in my flirty forties.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hearing results is always motivating. This is only my second week (yesterday was my third fast). I need to stick with this and give it a shot! I plan to stay off of the scale until March 13th and see where that puts me.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Some great motivational stories here - I started because I was absolutely adamant that I wasn't going to buy a larger size in jeans and I was struggling to get into the one pair which fitted me!

Seven weeks down the line I have ditched those and am now in a size smaller. I have work trousers I wore three years ago which are still way too small though. So rather than going by scales, which as has already been said do seem to fluctuate quite a bit, getting into these will be my next goal, and the goal after that to get them fastened!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Some great motivational stories here - I started because I was absolutely adamant that I wasn't going to buy a larger size in jeans and I was struggling to get into the one pair which fitted me!

Seven weeks down the line I have ditched those and am now in a size smaller. I have work trousers I wore three years ago which are still way too small though. So rather than going by scales, which as has already been said do seem to fluctuate quite a bit, getting into these will be my next goal, and the goal after that to get them fastened!

Omfg I love your username!