Weekly Post 01/02/ - 07/02/15

Options
1235»

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Finally got my butt back to the gym last night and did 30 minutes on the cross trainer. WOW. That was tough. I had a baby 7 months ago, and didn't exercise until just last month. So... I'm in pretty bad shape! Anyway, I did really good with my calories yesterday and logged everything and was under by 300 with my exercise. Today I am fasting (my last of the week).

Tomorrow I weigh in. I want so badly to be out of the 170's! I've been here since my daughter was born, and I'm tired of it. I'd love to be 169ish tomorrow, but we'll see. I gained last week, so I'm not sure I did enough to lose the extra and lose more on top of it!
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What are "feast days"? Every day besides the fast days?
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    feast is what you would normally eat. not Viking food fest, sadly.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    How much do people usually eat on "feast days"? For myself, at 5'7.5'' and 185, would about 1800 be right? Or should I go less if my goal is weight loss?
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    How much do people usually eat on "feast days"? For myself, at 5'7.5'' and 185, would about 1800 be right? Or should I go less if my goal is weight loss?

Here is the link to the TDEE calculator. And the page explains all of the other measurements as well - BMI, BMR, etc.

Love your questions. Bet all of the newbies have the same ones. Glad you are asking.

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    I think it was @snaps27 who brought us Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass".

May this parody make you LOL!
    "All About That Cake"
    Haha! Funny...and chicken. Dang...I want chicken now...

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Here is the link to the TDEE calculator. And the page explains all of the other measurements as well - BMI, BMR, etc.

Love your questions. Bet all of the newbies have the same ones. Glad you are asking.
    If you are looking for more in depth information on what goes into calculating your TDEE (and why they can vary depending on the method used) then check out this page I created a while back (to access the descriptions/formulas click the help icons... ?'s). No ads or anything threatening: BMR/TDEE Calculator

• jknight001
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    I think it was @snaps27 who brought us Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass".

May this parody make you LOL!
    "All About That Cake"
    Haha! Funny...and chicken. Dang...I want chicken now...

Sorry. I knew I should have put a disclaimer about the many references to food that can trip us up. At least you can add chicken to your next TDEE day, if you want. Love 5:2!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Still snowing.....4-4.5 h snowshoe hike today. Not tough but long and beautiful. On our way home a wee bit of blue sky
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Well... gained again this week. (WTH?) So, so much for seeing the 160s.. now I'm back up to 173.2. It sucks to back slide so much. I did lose an 1" from my waist, so that's something, right?
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @bburg86. I'll take inches lost ANY day over scale weight. It means you probably have lost more fat than water or LBM. The scales are only one metric, which wobbles a lot. Inches don't wobble that fast. Cheers.
  • AfriDiva
    AfriDiva Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm new to the group and i'm in my second week of the 5:2. So far so good. I've only just back to MFP as i broke my leg late last year and my journey was derailed. I have yet to see how i will cope doing exercise on my FD's.....Will i die of hunger? My physio said i could start light exercise next week.....So it begins! Wish me luck!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi all!
    Second Friday weigh in where my weight has held steady. I'm now incorporating Sunday as a fast day to break up the weekend indulgences.

I need to tweak my diet. After losing so easily I got cocky and I need to reel it back in.
    I got a little sloppy on fast days and went over on non fast days.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    I did lose an 1" from my waist, so that's something, right?

Yeah, like Foamroller said, that's a more useful metric than weight. You did good! So congratz.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Week 23 - 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg ) 02/06/2015
    Total loss as of 02/06/2015 12.8 lbs (5.81 kg)

Back to where I was the week before. Glad to be down a bit.

@bburg86 - Weird fluctuations are normal. Trust the process. You will get there.
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    chiccam wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Second Friday weigh in where my weight has held steady. I'm now incorporating Sunday as a fast day to break up the weekend indulgences.

I need to tweak my diet. After losing so easily I got cocky and I need to reel it back in.
    I got a little sloppy on fast days and went over on non fast days.

I was exactly the same...got complacent after 14lbs just dropped off with 5:2 last year. I will not make the same mistake again! I know I get healthy on 5:2 and lose weight easily, but that doesn't mean I can get sloppy on the 'rules'!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hi afridiva. I'm only a week ahead of you and it's nice to have you along. Should think taking weight off a recovering leg is a very good idea and you won't die of hunger! You'll be peckish but you'll know you can eat properly the next day. Very clever trick!
  • chiccam
    Options
    JJ-same here! I made that mistake last year too. I lost 10 lbs easily then stopped. Gained weight back because I wasn't being careful.
    I could've been at my ideal weight had I stayed with it.
    Also logging on non-fast days is a must for me!!!
  • chiccam
    Options
    Welcome Afri-is swimming an option?